TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
Philips, the Netherlands based electronics manufacturer, today launched a new entry-level smartphone in China. Dubbed as Philips X596, it comes with an aviation grade aluminum alloy material chassis.
Talking about the specifications, the smartphone sports a standard 5.5-inch Full HD display with a screen resolution of 1,920×1,080 pixels. The display is covered by a 2.5D curved glass on top. Under the hood, the Philips X596 is driven by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 processor clocked at 1.4GHz. The device offers 4GB of RAM and is available in 32GB and 64GB native storage options.
In terms of optics, the smartphone is equipped with a 16MP rear-facing camera. Likewise, there is a 16MP selfie camera at the front. The primary snapper comes with LED Flash, Auto Focus, and 1080p video recording support.
A large 4,000mAh battery with 9V/2A fast charging support keeps the lights on. As for software, the Philips X596 runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS right out of the box. As yet, there is no information on when or if the smartphone will be updated Android 8.0 Oreo.
Connectivity suite of the smartphone offers Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS as usual. In addition, the Philips X596 features a fingerprint scanner on its back for added security. The circularly shaped fingerprint scanner is housed just below the rear camera module.
The handset measures 156.4 × 77.4 × 8.35 mm and it weighs 177.8 grams.
The 4GB RAM + 32GB storage model of Philips X596 is priced at 1,299 Yuan (approximately Rs. 12,700), whereas the 4GB RAM + 64GB storage variant carries a price tag of 1,499 Yuan (approximately Rs. 14,600).
Philips is yet to announce if its new smartphone will be available outside China.