TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- SC To Deliver Verdict On Countrywide Ban On Firecrackers Today
- OnePlus 6T Will Have A Better Low-Light Camera: Camera Sample Teased
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- This Is How You Can Include Essential Oils In Your Skin Care Routine
- Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's November Wedding: Inside Details That You Just Can't Miss!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Bajrang Punia Settles For Silver In World Wrestling Championships; Loses To Japanese Teen In Finals
- Deadline To File September GST Returns Extended By 5 Days
Calfornia seems to be cracking down on thieves who enter Apple stores during the opening hours and run away with as many devices as possible. This week the police arrested and charged 17 people who allegedly were a part of these robberies at Apple Stores across 19 of the state's counties, the SF Gate reports.
These thieves steal iPhones, iPads, Apple Watches, MacBooks, and pretty much everything they can grab from the store, making the losses reach up to $1 million for the Cupertino-based company.
California Attorney General Xavier Beccera issued a statement on the matter saying:
"Organized retail thefts cost California business owners millions and expose them to copycat criminals," Beccera said in the statement. "Ultimately, consumers pay the cost of this merchandise hijacking. We will continue our work with local law enforcement authorities to extinguish this mob mentality and prosecute these criminals to hold them accountable."
The arrests were made on the basis of the investigation that involved many law enforcement agencies across California. Although the exact number of robberies at Apple stores hasn't been revealed, a local news outlet claims there were 21 in the last five months across the state, with some stores facing multiple hits.
The thieves reportedly wear hoodies to hide their faces from security cameras and witnesses, they enter the store in large numbers, snatch the products from the display tables and run away. Such heists are often over in a matter of seconds. Apple would be relieved to find out that the robbery ring was busted.
The company recently announced its much-anticipated iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR in their respective variants. The company has also launched its Apple Watch Series 4, which is a promising gadget with all newer features. These products are exceptionally well in terms of high-grade design and spectacular features.
The iPhone XS comes with an edge-to-edge screen with almost a bezel-less screen. Its camera will be an improvised version with a TrueDepth camera system that supports Face ID. Designed with the most spectacular technology, the latest smartphone by Apple is undoubtedly the most awaited mobile of the year 2018.