- 4 min ago Flipkart Realme Days Sale: Offers on Realme 3 Pro, Realme X, Realme C1, Realme 3i And More
- 34 min ago Huawei Nova 5T With Punch-Hole Display Shows Up On Android Enterprise Website
- 49 min ago BSNL Revises Its Rs. 1,098 Plan; Now Offers Only 375GB Data
- 1 hr ago Huawei Mate 30 Series Likely To Support 4K 60FPS Video Recording
- Movies Maidaan: Ajay Devgn's Biopic On Football Coach Syed Abdul Rahim Gets A Title; Film Goes On Floors!
- Finance Economists And Fund Managers Expect Recession In 2020 Or 2021
- Automobiles Indian FTR 1200S & FTR 1200 Race Replica Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 15.99 Lakh
- Sports MS Dhoni returns after completing his stint with Indian Army, reunites with daughter Ziva: See pics
- News Video: Man survives after being struck by lightning
- Lifestyle Amid Fire Breakout In AIIMS, Doctors Helped A Woman Deliver A Baby Girl
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus Announced With Improved Gaming Performance
Qualcomm's latest offering -the Snapdragon 855 Plus processor has finally arrived. The Snapdragon 855 Plus is an overclocked version of its precursor -Snapdragon 855 SoC, offering better CPU and GPU performance. The company claims that the latest chipset offers up to 15% improved graphics performance compared to the previous version.
Just like the Snapdragon 855, the 855 Plus is also an octa-core chipset that runs at 2.96 GHz with an overclocked Adreno 640 GPU. Except for the amplified clock speed, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus remains identical to the Snapdragon 855.
The company also claims that it has made some under the hood changes to the new chipset making for a highly capable gaming processor. Qualcomm claims that the Vulkan 1.1 Graphics Driver on the Snapdragon 855 Plus is now 20% more efficient, which means the phone/device is likely to consume less power compared to the Snapdragon 855 without compromising on the graphics performance.
The new processor also comes with additional software enhancements, which makes the latest mobile solution from Qualcomm to load games faster.
Faster And Efficient AI Engine
The AI engine on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus gets a huge boost which can perform up to 7 trillion operations per second (7 ToPs).
Upcoming Phones with Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus SoC
As of now, Asus has officially stated that the upcoming ROG Phone 2 will be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 885 Plus chipset. As a matter of fact, the Asus ROG Phone was the only device that launched in the world with the speed binner (overclocked CPU) Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC.
Kedar Kondap, vice president, product management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. said:
Snapdragon 855 Plus will raise the bar for elite gamers with the increase in CPU and GPU performance and elevate experiences for 5G, gaming, AI and XR, which is something our OEM customers look to us to deliver. Snapdragon 855 Plus is our most advanced mobile platform to date and will build upon the success of the 2019 Android flagship Snapdragon 855 5G mobile platform.
Our Opinion On the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus
The Snapdragon 855 Plus is a high-end Mobile Solution and the fastest chipset from Qualcomm. It is speculated to offer better gaming performance on smartphones. However, the devices featuring the new chipset are expected to be on the expensive side, just like the Asus ROG Phone.