- 2 hrs ago Motorola Moto Edge 40 Pro Renders Leak: 6.67-Inch Curved OLED Display, SD8 Gen2 SoC Expected
- 2 hrs ago OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite vs Realme 9 Pro: Battle Of the Doppelgangers
- 3 hrs ago Vivo V27 Expected to Launch in India February: Report
- 4 hrs ago Nothing Phone (2) To Make US Debut In 2023; Carl Pei Confirms
- Finance Small Cap Stock Declared 150% Dividend, Hits 52 week Low, Gained 471.96% In 3 Yrs, Check Record Date
- Movies Kranti Day 5 Box Office Collection: Darshan's Action Drama Joins The Elite Rs 100 Crore Club Within Five Days
- Travel Best Destination For Elderly Couples In India To Visit On Valentine 2023
- News Political parties demand early adjournment of first half of budget session
- Lifestyle Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome Diagnosed In Woman Who Couldn't Stop Puking For Two Years: Read All About It Her
- Automobiles Tata Blocked Porsche From Using The Safari Name - Here's Why We Got The 911 Dakar
- Sports Allan Border Medal: List of All Winners, Interesting Facts and Details
- Education SMIT Admission 2023: Registration Started; Check Details Here
Realme X50 Pro 5G Is India's First Smartphone With ISRO's NaVIC Navigation Support
Update: Realme India CEO Madhav Sheth has officially confirmed that the Realme X50 Pro 5G indeed supports NaVIC and he has also confirmed that the upcoming smartphone (Realme 6 Pro) will also support NaVIC. This makes the Realme X50 Pro 5G the first smartphone in the world to launch with NaVIC technology.
Yes, our ultimate flagship, #realmeX50Pro features #NavIC & even our upcoming phone will feature it as well.— Madhav 5G (@MadhavSheth1) February 27, 2020
So World's first, World's second, coming in a row, all for India.
Plan to talk more on 5th March. See you there with 1500 #realme fans. https://t.co/SXwcu1vYyI
Xiaomi recently confirmed that it will launch the world's first smartphone with India's own navigation technology NaVIC, developed by ISRO. This also indicates that the upcoming smartphone from the company will be powered by a Qualcomm chipset.
It looks like Realme has outdone Xiaomi by launching the Realme X50 Pro 5G in India. According to the official listing, the Realme X50 Pro 5G does include support for NaVIC, making it the first smartphone to do so.
A Little Bit Confusing
Though Realme India's website suggests that the Realme X50 Pro 5G supports the NaVIC navigation system, it is still a little confusing for the following reasons.
When we checked Qualcomm's website, it says that the Snapdragon 865 SoC will support Beidou, Galileo, GLONASS, Dual-frequency GNSS, GNSS, GPS, QZSS, and SBAS navigation system and there is no mention of NaVIC whatsoever. According to Qualcomm, the Snapdragon 720G, Snapdragon 662, and Snapdragon 460 are the first set of processors that supports the NaVIC navigation system.
It is also important to know that NaVIC will only be used in India, as it is a regional technology and services like Google Maps will use conventional navigation systems to accurately position in other parts of the world.
We have contacted Realme India to confirm if the Realme X50 Pro 5G actually supports NaVIC navigation support and will update the story once we get an official confirmation from the brand.
NaVIC Will Be Useful For Bureaucrats More Than Civilians
One of the major applications of NaVIC navigation is reliability when it comes to the security of data. Govt officials and bureaucrats will be able to use this service for various operations and no other country will know about it. An end-user might not see much of a difference while using services like Google Maps with NaVIC technology over GPS.