- 4 hrs ago Best smartphones with 5000 mAh battery to buy in India
- 7 hrs ago How to watch horror movies, shows on Airtel Digital TV
- 11 hrs ago Honor 20, Honor 20 Pro, Honor 20 Lite announced with quad cameras: Price, specs and more
- 13 hrs ago Skullcandy Indy review: A cheaper alternative to Apple AirPods
- News Maharashtra HSC Result 2019 to be declared by this date, how to check
- Finance Here's How You Should Position Yourself Before Election Results
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja’s Modern Suit At Cannes 2019 Has A Timeless Touch And She Looks Flawless
- Movies Cannes 2019: Sonam Kapoor's White Tuxedo Gets A Twist; Her Boss Lady Look Is On Point!
- Sports Archer thinks IPL experience gives him World Cup advantage
- Automobiles Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Reliance JioPhone 3 could be priced around Rs. 4,500
JioPhone 3 is likely to arrive with notable improvements than its predecessor.
Reliance Jio has already launched two iterations of its 4G enabled feature phone. The JioPhone came in 2017 and JioPhone 2 was launched in 2018 with some notable improvements over its predecessor. Going by the launch pattern, we can expect the telco to come up with the next-generation model - the JioPhone 3 this year.
A report by BeetelBite citing the information revealed by a Jio executive, sheds light on the details of the upcoming model of JioPhone. The report states that the company will start filling up the stocks of the JioPhone 3 at the offline stores in July this year. It is also said that the pre-orders will debut sometime in July and the buyers can purchase the same in August. However, the exact dates remain unknown for now. Notably, the JioPhone 3 will be available via Reliance Digital stores, Jio stores and the official Jio website.
JioPhone 3 rumored specifications
The report goes on adding that the device will flaunt a 5-inch touchscreen display. It is also said to use 2GB RAM and 64GB storage space, which can be expanded further using a microSD card. The report goes on stating that the next JioPhone will arrive with an improved 5MP rear camera sensor and a 2MP selfie camera at the front.
For now, there is no word regarding the OS that will power this phone. We can either expect it to run KaiOS if it will be positioned as a feature phone or Android Go if it is launched as a smartphone.
Expected JioPhone 3 price
The JioPhone 3 could be priced around Rs. 4,500. Of course, this is a significant increase in the price as compared to its previous iterations. Notably, the first model is priced effectively nothing as it came with a security deposit of Rs. 1,500 that will be refunded on returning the device after 36 months. And, the JioPhone 2 with a QWERTY keyboard and relatively larger display is priced at Rs. 2,999. We can expect the relatively higher price tag to bring in some notable improvements and new feature additions.