TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
Following the Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017), the Nougat update has now reached the Galaxy A5 (2017). Samsung has now started releasing the update to users in the Indian market. So finally, the phone being updated from Android 6.0 to Android 7.0 now.
While the South Korean giant has not been the quickest in terms of delivering the update to its smartphones, but it's finally here and this is especially good news for the Samsung Galaxy A5 device owners. So if you own a Galaxy A5 (2017) smartphone, then you should receive a notification about the update. If not, then it's worth heading to Settings -> Software update and manually checking if the update is available for you.
The software update, which is rolling out in India comes with a file size of 1385.98MB and firmware version A520FXXUBQI5. The device is being rolled out as an OTA update and therefore it might take some time before it reaches all the devices. But users will get to experience Nougat hands-on.
As for what new features the update brings, apart from the latest openly available version of Android, the update also brings a slightly refreshed interface, a redesigned Multi Window multitasking feature that feels closer to what Google had in mind with the stock take on the functionality, enhanced Always On Display, quick setting toggles, Samsung Pass, and improved notifications.
Moreover, the update should also bring in some bug fixes and stability improvements to the smartphone. As for the instructions on updating your device, then you should make sure that the smartphone has sufficient battery life, above 50 percent. You need to make sure that you download the update file via Wi-Fi network and backup all the data before installing the update. That's pretty much it.
Do let us know if you have received the update and what are the changes that you have noticed.