TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Inside Story Of How Siddaramaiah Led The Operation Against Operation Lotus
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- 10 Interesting Facts Of The Indian Budget
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Six Important Things That Make You Lucky And Happy
- Visit Yanam — The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- This Is The Craziest Thing Ranveer Has Done For Deepika
Samsung has been busy pushing out new updates to its new Galaxy A8 (2018) series smartphones. Just last week Samsung rolled out the January security update for Samsung Galaxy A8 and Galaxy A8+ (2018). However, Galaxy A8+ is yet again receiving a new update in India.
Notably, this is not the February update and it's not clear what exactly the update is all about. That being said the update weighs in at around 115MB and is surprisingly small compared to the other OTA that Samsung usually rolls out. The update arrives with a firmware version A730FXXU1ARAC and we believe that this is basically added security update for units in India. Samsung Galaxy A8+ (2018) is also probably getting updates for the Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities.
As for the changelog, it mentions that the update also brings in device stability improvements, bug fixes, new or enhanced features and improvements to performance as well. But no comprehensive details have been provided. It is worth noting that the update doesn't bring in any major changes or new features. But it looks like an important update to keep your Android device secure as well as optimized for better performance.
Besides, Samsung has said that in order "to get the best from your device you should keep your device up to date and regularly check for software updates." It is also worth mentioning that the January patch hasn't been released for the A8+ in most other markets, thus Samsung India is giving some importance to users in India. The updates for a device have come at a time when the smartphone been on sale for less than two weeks.
Meanwhile, Samsung Galaxy A8+ (2018) owners can check for the update manually by heading to Settings > About Device > Software Updates. If it is there the can download it by tapping the Downloads updates manually button.