TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Samsung Galaxy A8 with metal-body, octa-core chipset, fingerprint scanner launched for Rs 32,500
Samsung India has added yet another member to its 'A' series of metal-clad smartphones. A few days after announcing the Galaxy A8 in China, the South-Korean smartphone giant launched the phone in India as its flagship phone in the series.
Talking of price, the Galaxy A8 has been priced for Rs 32,500, which is about a few thousands less than the price (about Rs 39,000) at which the Galaxy S6 has been seen selling online.
The company justifies the price of the phone by saying that it combines a metal body design with a premium flagship-phone like specifications. The Galaxy A8 has in fact been promoted as the company's flagship A series phone that 'doesn't cost as much as a flagship.'
As for its design and specs, the Galaxy A8 is the slimmest ever smartphone from Samsung's kitty, measuring in at 5.9mm thick. It dons a metal body and features a fingerprint scanner that is placed on the home button.
Specifications-wise, the phone flaunts a 5.7-inch Full HD AMOLED display with 1920x1080 pixels resolution. The display is has 2.5mm of bezel on side.
The phone is powered by Samsung's Exynos 5430 octa-core chipset (1.8GHz Quad Core + 1.3GHz Quad Core) paired with 2GB of RAM. It has 32GB of internal memory that can be expanded by up to 128GB using a microSD card.
The phone sports a 16-megapixel autofocus camera with f/1.9 aperture and LED Flash, and a 5-megapixel wide-angle selfie camera up front. It runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with Samsung's native UI that brings several pre-installed apps.
Connectivity options include of dual-SIM slots with 4G LTE Cat6 support on both SIMs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and AGPS. Other features include of a 3,050mAh battery.
The Samsung Galaxy A8 will be available across online as well as brick and mortar stores, and comes bundled with Airtel's double data offer for its users.