TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
The Samsung Galaxy C8 surfaced in a lot of rumors and leaks over the past few months. Now, the smartphone has been officially announced at an event in China.
The Galaxy C8 is the third smartphone from the stable of Samsung to arrive with a dual camera setup at its rear. The first one is the Galaxy Note 8 and the second one is the Galaxy J7+ that was unveiled a few days back. With this device, the dual camera feature makes its way into the Galaxy C lineup of smartphones as well.
The mid-range Galaxy C8 comes in three color variants - Black, Pink and Gold. For now, there is no word regarding the pricing of this device but we can get to know the same as it is expected to go on sale in the Chinese market soon.
The major highlight of the Galaxy C8 is the presence of the dual camera setup at its rear. The camera comprises of a 13MP RGB sensor with f/1.7 aperture and a 5MP monochrome sensor with f/1.9 aperture. The rear camera comes with LED flash and FHD video recording. Up front, there is a 16MP selfie camera with an aperture of f/1.9 and LED flash as well.
Design and features
The Galaxy C8 features a premium metal unibody build and the physical home button doubles as a fingerprint sensor as well. The mid-range smartphone comes with a facial recognition feature too that can unlock the device as well as open secure applications.
Display and hardware specs
The Galaxy C8 features a 5.5-inch FHD 1080p Super AMOLED display. The smartphone employs a 2.4GHz octa-core processor of unknown chipset and runs on Android 7.1 Nougat. The device has been unveiled in two RAM and storage variants - 3GB+32GB and 4GB+64GB. Both the variants support expandable storage support up to 256GB using a microSD card. The connectivity aspects on board the smartphone include 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. A 3000mAh battery powers the smartphone from within.