TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Samsung yesterday took the stage at CES 2018 to showcase a wide range of new products including the Notebook 7 Spin (2018) and the world's first moduler microLED TV, "The Wall". Amidst all these, a new Samsung smartphone has quietly gone official.
We are talking about the Galaxy J2 Pro (2018), which has already featured in multiple leaks and rumors. Well, the budget smartphone is now found listed on Samsung Vietnam's official website. Other than the specs and features, the pricing and availability of the device is mentioned as well. As per the pricing details, the Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro (2018) will be retailed at 3290000 Vietnamese Dong, which roughly translates to Rs. 9,200.
As far as the availability is concerned, the smartphone will be go on sale in select emerging markets starting this week. It might be released in global markets later on. There are three color variants of the Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro (2018): Black, Blue, and Gold.
Coming to the specifications, the smartphone ships with a 5-inch Super AMOLED display that delivers a qHD resolution of 540×960 pixels. Under the hood, the Galaxy J2 Pro (2018) is powered by a quad-core processor clocked at 1.4GHz. The name of the chipset, however, is not specified. In terms of memory and storage, it offers 1.5GB of RAM and 16GB of expandable (up to 256GB) inbuilt storage.
While the hardware department may not be too impressive, optics-wise the Galaxy J2 is pretty decent. There is an 8MP primary camera at the rear of the smartphone. Whereas the front camera is of 5MP and has an aperture size of f/2.2.
On the software front, this new entry-level smartphone from Samsung runs on Android 7.0 Nougat operating system right out of the box. There is a rather small 2,600mAh battery within to keep the device running. When it comes to connectivity the Galaxy J2 Pro (2018) offers dual-SIM support, LTE support and Wi-Fi.
As of now, it is unclear when exactly Samsung will bring the Galaxy J2 Pro (2018) to India. However, we don't think this smartphone will be able to make any impact in the Indian market, given there are so many smartphones available around that offer much better specs at a lower price.