- Lifestyle The 10 Best Essential Oils For Dry And Chapped Lips
- Sports Coronavirus: East Bengal promise Rs 30 lakh to fight pandemic
- Movies Prabhu Deva's Film Bagheera To Star FIVE Actresses! Deets Inside
- News Anyone ostracising healthcare workers in Bengal will be arrested: Mamata
- Automobiles Nissan Patrol SUV India Launch On The Cards? Could Rival The Toyota Land Cruiser
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In April
- Finance Bank of Baroda Cuts Lending Rates
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 starts receiving Oreo update in India
All Samsung Galaxy Note 8 devices are expected to get the Oreo update within the coming 2-3 weeks.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 users in France recently started receiving Android 8.0 Oreo update. It seems like the Oreo update is now rolling to Galaxy Note 8 users in India as well. Carrying the firmware version N950FXXU3CRC1, the update also includes the Android security patch for March.
All Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and Galaxy S8+ devices are expected to get the Oreo update within the coming 2-3 weeks. So in case if you haven't received the update yet, keep a close tab on the notification panel. You can also check for the update manually by going to the Settings>About Phone> System Updates. Since it is a firmware update, users should back up all the date before installing the new OS.
The update has a size of about 1.47GB, users should ensure that their phone has at least 50 percent battery or more and they should carry out the installation process over a Wi-Fi network. Using mobile network may cost additional data charges.
Below is the official changelog for the Android 8.0 Oreo update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
To improve your security, features that use biometrics (face, fingerprints, and irises) are only available when you use a secure screen lock type (pattern, PIN, or password). When you switch to a non-secure screen lock type (Swipe or None), biometric authentication is suspended for unlocking and for verification in apps like Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass. If you're using biometrics now without a secure screen lock type, you'll be able to continue after the upgrade, but changing to a secure screen lock type is recommended.
- Manage notifications for each app with notification categories (supported apps only).
- Icons will be shown at the bottom of the notification panel for notifications that aren't currently visible.
- Touch and hold an app to display shortcuts to common or recommended tasks within the app (supported apps only).
- Notification badges on app icons are linked with the notification panel. Clear a notification in one location, and it will also be cleared in the other location.
- The toolbar gives quick access to useful functions.
- The GIF keyboard lets you send GIFs.
- More high-contrast keyboards are available.
- Background services are limited to improve performance and battery life.
- Currently running apps will always be shown in the notification panel.
- Improved font size, color, and other settings for better Edge panel visibility.
- Touch and hold the Edge panel handle to change its position.
- Added 3 more Edge lighting effects and color customization for apps.
Lock Screen and Always On Display
- New clock styles for the Lock screen and Always On Display.
- Adjust the transparency of notifications to get the look you want.
- Let your phone's screen go dark when mirroring to another screen.
- Control your account settings and profile information for multiple apps.
- Tap your profile picture on the main Settings page to access your profile information and account settings.
- View and manage photos and notes stored only in Samsung Cloud.
- Store any type of file in Samsung Cloud Drive.
- Select specific items to delete or restore from your backups.
- See how big each backup is and how many items it contains.
Find My Mobile
- Back up Secure Folder remotely in Samsung Cloud when your phone is lost.
- Lock Samsung Pass using Find My Mobile.
- See more apps at once by changing the app list view to full-screen.
- Use Game launcher in Samsung DeX for a full-screen gaming experience.
- Added support for 2 additional Samsung covers (LED View Cover, Clear View Standing Cover).
- Bluetooth now supports high-quality audio codecs, including AAC and Sony LDAC.
- Video player includes auto repeat and 2x speed option.
- Voice Recorder provides smart tips to conveniently block calls while recording.
- Email lets you flag Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync emails.
- Samsung Health's new sticky notification lets you see your step count at a glance.
- Clock now includes a Landscape mode and timer sound options.
- The digital clock widget goes directly to the Clock app when you tap it.
- Samsung Pass added the ability to manage usernames and passwords in third-party apps.
- Integrated LinkedIn content will no longer be shown in Email, Calendar, or Contacts.