- 1 hr ago Realme M1 Sonic Review: Affordable Electric Toothbrush That Could Have Been Smarter
- 1 hr ago Oppo Reno 4 Pro Galactic Blue Edition Launched In India; Price, Sale Date
- 1 hr ago Reliance Jio Launches Five Postpaid Plus Plans; Offering Free Netflix, Amazon Prime, And Many More
- 2 hrs ago Realme To Launch 100 AIoT Products In 2021: VP Madhav Sheth
- Finance This Stock Hit All-Time High Last Week But Brokerages See Further Upside
- News Sonia Gandhi, Rahul return from abroad after her medical check-up
- Lifestyle 8 Amazing Fruit Face Packs For Acne
- Sports IPL 2020: MI vs KKR: Boult backs Bumrah to bounce back against Knight Riders
- Movies Uh Oh! Ananya Panday-Ishaan Khatter's Khaali Peeli Trailer Garners More Dislikes Than Likes!
- Automobiles Ford Endeavour Sport Launched In India: Priced At Rs 35.10 Lakh
- Education IIT Guwahati Convocation 2020: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Addresses Students Virtually
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge: Winner of SID Display of the Year Award
S7 Edge comes with an impressive display technology.
This headline may not be a surprise to many since the quad-edge flexible display technology used in Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge was really impressive and fascinating. This made this device to win the SID Display of the Year Award for its display technology by the Society of Information Display (SID).
This made other companies to utilize the similar technology on their smartphones. This is not the first, the South Korean giant have already been rewarded with such kinds of awards earlier as well. Yes, Samsung has managed to win SID Display of the Year award for its curved AMOLED and also a bent AMOLED display in 2013 and 2015 respectively.
Special curved technology used
As mentioned earlier, the Galaxy S7 Edge was the first one to embed quad-edge flexible technology on their display which comes with the curves at both top and bottom.
On the other hand, by using the special curved technology, the radius of the curvature present at the left and right edges of this AMOLED screen can be varied. This makes the device to have a curved display with natural curve design.
Comparison with Galaxy S8 display
The recently released much-hyped smartphones, Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ also sport the similar display with lessened bezels at the top and bottom.
This technology used in Galaxy S8 duo is called as Infinity Display. When compared with Galaxy S7 Edge, the screen of the new S8 device comes with a higher screen-to-body ratio with a resolution of 2,960 x 1,440 pixels.
Display used in upcoming Note 8
Everyone are waiting for the launch of the refurbished Galaxy Note 8. It is also expected to come with an Infinity Display similar to S8.
As per the rumors, the Note 8 will sport a 6.3-inch UHD display with 4K resolution. There is a high chance of company once again getting rewarded with the same award next year.