- 1 hr ago Realme Pad Review: Best Tablet In The Sub-20K Price-Point?
- 2 hrs ago Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE India Launch Scheduled For September 29; Company Confirms
- 2 hrs ago Xiaomi Notebook Ultra Review: Gets All The Ticks
- 3 hrs ago Realme C25Y With 50MP Triple Cameras Launched In India: Specs, Price & Sale Date
- News Rahul Gandhi pays last respects to Oscar Fernandes, calls him 'true soldier' of Congress
- Sports Kohli to step down as T20I skipper: Highlights of Virat's T20I captaincy
- Movies Bigg Boss OTT: Shamita Shetty Responds On The Allegation Of Raqesh Bapat Being Her ‘Sidekick’
- Finance Air Traffic Increases 34% MoM In August
- Automobiles Mahindra XUV700 Will Be Available In Five Different Colours; Pricing Starts From Rs 11.99 Lakh
- Travel Awesome Beaches In India To Visit This Winter
- Lifestyle Don’t Throw Away The Peel Of These Fruits And Vegetables, They Have Benefits And Other Uses Too
- Education Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Date, History, Significance And All You Need To Know
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge: Winner of SID Display of the Year Award
S7 Edge comes with an impressive display technology.
This headline may not be a surprise to many since the quad-edge flexible display technology used in Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge was really impressive and fascinating. This made this device to win the SID Display of the Year Award for its display technology by the Society of Information Display (SID).
This made other companies to utilize the similar technology on their smartphones. This is not the first, the South Korean giant have already been rewarded with such kinds of awards earlier as well. Yes, Samsung has managed to win SID Display of the Year award for its curved AMOLED and also a bent AMOLED display in 2013 and 2015 respectively.
Special curved technology used
As mentioned earlier, the Galaxy S7 Edge was the first one to embed quad-edge flexible technology on their display which comes with the curves at both top and bottom.
On the other hand, by using the special curved technology, the radius of the curvature present at the left and right edges of this AMOLED screen can be varied. This makes the device to have a curved display with natural curve design.
Comparison with Galaxy S8 display
The recently released much-hyped smartphones, Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ also sport the similar display with lessened bezels at the top and bottom.
This technology used in Galaxy S8 duo is called as Infinity Display. When compared with Galaxy S7 Edge, the screen of the new S8 device comes with a higher screen-to-body ratio with a resolution of 2,960 x 1,440 pixels.
Display used in upcoming Note 8
Everyone are waiting for the launch of the refurbished Galaxy Note 8. It is also expected to come with an Infinity Display similar to S8.
As per the rumors, the Note 8 will sport a 6.3-inch UHD display with 4K resolution. There is a high chance of company once again getting rewarded with the same award next year.