TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
According to the latest report incoming from South Korea, Samsung's next flagship, more likely to be called the Galaxy S8 will not come in a flat-screened model like the Galaxy S7 instead, there will be two variants both with a curved-display design.
As cited on Venture Beat, the two smartphones will bear model numbers SM-G950 and SM-G955 thereby skipping the SM-G94x nomenclature. For the uninitiated, the Samsung Galaxy S7 series smartphones shipped with model numbers SM-G93x.
As reported by the same publication, the smaller variant among the two, the SM-G950 will feature a 5.7-inch display whereas the bigger variant, the SM-G955 will come with a huge 6.2-inch display.
Interestingly, the company is rumoured to opt for a nearly bezel-less display which means the display size of the smartphone increases but the overall size of the device remains the same.
It also means that it is likely to ditch the physical home button. If the rumours turn out to be true, the Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy S8 Plus (the bigger variant) will be the first smartphones from the company to come with on screen buttons.
As reported by SamMobile earlier, the smartphone may feature a dual camera setup at the rear (a combination of 13MP and 12MP camera). At the front will be an 8MP camera to cater the needs of selfie enthusiasts. The smartphone is expected to be powered by the Snapdragon 830 SoC and is tipped to sport 6GB of RAM.
Samsung typically introduces its new flagships at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) held in Barcelona in February. So, expecting the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus to be unveiled at MWC 2017 is a safe bet.