- 1 hr ago Now Instagram users can post landscape video on IGTV: Everything you need to know
- 2 hrs ago Huawei now barred from using SD and microSD cards
- 2 hrs ago Flipkart World Cup Mania (May 23rd to 28th): Avail special offers on Mi Televisions
- 2 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy S10 series get improved camera features via new update
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Team analysis: West Indies bank on Gayle and Russell
- Movies Allu Arjun’s Takes A Decision That Might Leave His Fans Disappointed? Deets Inside!
- News President Donald Trump and PM Modi to meet at G-20 Summit in June
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Automobiles Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Samsung to produce 1 million units of the foldable phone initially
Samsung wants to see the market response before mass producing its foldable smartphone.
Samsung recently showcased its foldable display at SDC 2018 conference. The company demonstrated the display by obscuring the whole device in a black box to keep the design and other features private before the launch. In the coming days, the company is expected to mass produce the device.
Now a new report suggests that the company will produce 1 million foldable smartphones. Samsung's mobile division boss DJ Koh has also confirmed the news. This also indicates that the company doesn't want to invest large sums before analyzing the sales results.
It will help Samsung to know the situation of the market. If the company finds the market to mature enough it will ramp up the production of the device. As of now, there's no overview of the sales and even experts aren't sure to how the market will react to the latest trend foldable devices.
Samsung is yet to reveal any specifications or the pricing of the new foldable smartphone. The company has tightened its grip over leaks surrounding the hardware of the device. It seems we'll have to wait for the official launch to get information about the hardware.
Moreover, DJ Koh has also stated that the company is collaborating with Google to produce a customized version of the foldable phone. Google has already rolled out Android support for a foldable smartphone, which will also help Samsung for its upcoming foldable phone. Samsung is expected to launch a foldable smartphone by early 2019.
Previously, DJ Koh suggested that the foldable smartphone will also double as a tablet. Earlier reports have hinted that the device will feature a book-like form factor with the display folding vertically.
The in-folding design will hide the display when folded, however, there will be an external display for the users to single hand usage. It is expected to sport a 7.3-inch primary OLED display and a 4.6-inch external OLED display.
"When we deliver a foldable phone, it has to be really meaningful to our customer," Koh said, "If the user experience is not up to my standard, I don't want to deliver those kinds of products."