TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nirav Modi's Bail Rejected For The Third Time
- IPL 2019: CSK vs MI — Preview
- Ducati Launches 2019 Scrambler Models In India — Prices Start At 7.89 Lakh
- Vivo V15 Price Slashed In India, Now Available For Rs 21,990
- Petrol And Diesel To Get Expensive As OMCs Seen To Recover Losses: Fitch
- Mehr Jesia REACTS To Arjun Rampal Becoming A Dad With New GF
- Kriti Sanon's Off-Duty Look
- The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar
Samsung starts rolling out Oct Security patch to Galaxy Note 8
Samsung has rolled out the firmware update for SM-N9508 and SM-N9500 Galaxy Note 8 model numbers
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 has started receiving October Security patch in China and Hong Kong which means the latest security update will be rolled out to other markets within the week. The October Security update was recently released for some Samsung handsets, including the widely popular Galaxy S8. However, several Samsung handsets are yet to receive the latest security patch.
Samsung has rolled out the security update for Galaxy Note 8 units with model numbers SM-N9508 and SM-N9500. I am using the Galaxy Note 8 Exynos variant in India and haven't received any notification update for the new security update. Samsung hasn't released any official timeline for the new update to be rolled out to other markets; however it's just a matter of time that the other markets will start receiving it.
As noted, monthly Android security updates are pushed by Google to keep devices secure and up to date. The monthly patches offer protection against latest security threats that can make Android devices vulnerable to security malfunction.
It is worth mentioning that Google releases these monthly security patches at the beginning of each month, however smartphone manufacturers often takes a while to roll out the updates to end users, Samsung being one of them. The October 2017 security patch is said to bring fixes for 215 vulnerabilities that can affect Android devices.