- News Lok Sabha Election Results 2019 LIVE: Who will win 'Game of thrones'? Narendra Modi vs Rahul Gandhi
- Sports England have no margin for error at World Cup, warns Stokes
- Lifestyle 10 Effective Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure Hypotension
- Automobiles Top-Selling Bikes In India For April 2019 — Hero MotoCorp Receives Stiff Competition From Honda
- Movies Harshad Chopda & Jennifer Winget Reveal Their Relationship Status & What they Hate About Each Other!
- Education TS Inter Re-verification Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On May 27
- Finance Air India To Add Flights To Domestic And International Routes In June
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Select HTC U11 units start receiving Android Oreo update
Hopefully, the smartphone will get the Oreo update in more regions.
A couple of weeks ago, HTC U11 was spotted on Geekbench with Android Oreo. Soon after that, Android Oreo update was rolled out to the users of the smartphone in Taiwan. While we didn't hear anything from HTC itself, we knew other markets would follow soon.
Now, the company has announced that HTC U11 users in the US will be getting the Android 8.0 Oreo update starting from today. This confirmation came from the company's VP of product management, Mo Versi. He tweeted stating that 'OS update will be available for download' 'starting on Monday'. He also stated that HTC U Ultra and HTC 10 will be updated to Android Oreo while replying to a comment.
However, his tweet mentioned that only the unlocked variant of the U11 will be updated to Oreo. The update will not be available for the carrier-locked smartphones in the US.
The HTC U11 will get a slew of new features with the arrival of Android Oreo. These features include Picture-in-Picture mode, smart text selection, auto-fill, notification dots, new app folder design and more.
Currently, the only other HTC phones that feature Android Oreo are the newly launched U11 Life and U11 Plus. Well, even of considering all the other brands, as per the latest report, only 0.3 percent Android devices have Android Oreo operating system as of now.
If you are wondering, when will Android Oreo be rolled out to the HTC U11 in other regions, we think it should be by the end of this year.