TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Sony Announces Android M Developer Preview Support for Selected Xperia Devices
Soon after the announcement of Android M, Google has released the developer preview of Android M to download. But, the developer preview is only compatibility with Nexus devices.
Sony is now offering to run the Android M developer preview on its selected Xperia devices. Sony's Open Device program allows users to install the the clean version of Android M developer preview from the Android Open Source Project (AOSP).
Xperia devices including Xperia Z3, Z3 Compat, Z2, Z2 Tablet, Z1, Z1 Compact, E3, M2, T3 and T2 Ultra. Installing the developer preview requires to unlock the bootloader on the listed Xperia devices.
Unlocking the bootloader in smartphones will allow to install unsigned software to the device, but doing so will voids the warranty of the device and also possibility of damaging the device.
Unfortunately, Sony has not posted a finished system for its Xperia device, but provided the binaries for Android M developer preview. Basically the company has provided the driver packages that changes the device hardware to work with the software. Sony has not yet implemented camera and cellular modem support for the Android M preview. Meanwhile, Interested Xperia users needs to build the Android M system image from AOSP before actually performing installation to the device.
SEE ALSO: Android M: 10 Features We Love
Sony has posted instructions on how to download and build the Android M preview for Xperia devices. The reason behind installing Android M on Xperia handsets is to test apps and services ahead of Android M public launch.
Android M comes with wide-range of new features including the Now on Tab, Mobile Payment, Fingerprint support and a new app drawer.