- Sports 'Kaptaan' Imran Khan asks Pakistan cricket team to banish fear of losing against India
- News TMC worker Nirmal Kundu's murder: Accused arrested from Chhattisgarh
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Sony Could Launch a Premium Smartphone Featuring Snapdragon 820 SoC on January 5th!
The biggest and first tech consumer show of 2016, the Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2016) is very near and Japanese tech major Sony has already shared its press event dates with the tech media world.
Yes, Sony has set its CES 2016 press conference for January 5 at 5PM local time (6.30AM IST). As per reports, the company's 'Save the Date' invite flaunts devices in several categories including smartphones, VR headsets and Television, headset and more.
At last year's CES, Sony announced the Smartwatch 3 and a Music Player, so what do you think is the company cooking up for 2016?
Well, we haven't seen any Sony phones leak recently; however, the teaser invite suggests that we might see a new announcement there. After all, Samsung is reportedly preparing its Galaxy S7 products for a February 21st announcement at the Samsung Unpacked 2016 event; hence Sony has to lay some competition against that.
While, it's too early to expect the flagship successor - Xperia Z6 - however, it might be a good opportunity for Sony to use the Las Vegas tech event stage to announce a premium design smartphone with improved features or may be powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 820 SoC.
At the same time, chances are that after the flagship trio including Xperia Z5 Premium, Z5 and Z5 Compact, Sony might launch the 6.44 inch version of the flagship - the Xperia Z5 Ultra. A couple of months back, rumors floated around that Sony might announce Xperia Z5 Ultra soon and start shipping the device by March 2016.
The rumored featured reportedly included 4K display, Snapdragon 820 SoC, 4GB RAM, 23MP primary camera, and a large 4,000 mAh battery. This device would come out as a serious competition to iPhone 6S Plus and Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
However, right now, this is just a rumor which is floating around in the tech media, we will have to wait and watch till January next year to see what exactly Sony is planning.
GizBot will be there at CES 2016 to cover the event live from Las Vegas!
Invite Image Source: PhoneArena