TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Sony has always been consistent with sending out software updates at least for its premium smartphones. The company has started pushing out a new OTA update to its Xperia XZ and X Performance as per XperiaBlog. Just to remind you, the Sony Xperia XZ and X Performance runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat operating system.
The update carries the build number 41.2.A.7.65 for both the smartphones as they are powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor. The new firmware update mainly brings the September batch of fixes for security bugs found on the Android platform. However, we must mention that the update is available via OTA, but only to a few regions. So if you haven't received the update yet, don't worry.
The update is expected to get a wider release in the coming days. As a reminder, you should ensure that your device is sufficiently charged and has enough space before proceeding with the installation. Also, it is recommended to use the Wi-Fi network unless you want your mobile data pack to get affected.
It is worth noting that the Android patch for September is currently available only in Nexus, Pixel, and some Nokia smartphones.
Yesterday, we reported how HMD Global is trying its best to upgrade its devices with the latest Android software before anyone else. As per the information we have obtained so far, Nokia 5 was first device to receive this month's Android security update.