TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
Sony Xperia Z5 with SD810 to launch this September?
According to a new leak by popular tipster Leaksfly, Japanese company Sony has a new flagship Xperia device aka the Xperia Z5 in the making. The company had launched their flagship for this year dubbed the Z3+ a few months back. But unfortunately the launch didn't go well for the company.
With barely a few upgrades from the last generation and a hefty price tag of Rs 55,990, it's safe to say that the Z3+ was the first flop device to come from Sony this year. Even the software running on the device was plagued with multiple bugs which forced the company to withdraw review units too! Nevertheless Sony seems to have realised their mistake and a new flagship device with Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 SoC is in the making. Rumours suggest that the company is planning to launch the device by September (before IFA Berlin). The sole aims behind this early launch is to have a competitive advantage over the like of Apple and Samsung who plan to launch their flagship offering round the same time at IFA Berlin.
Other than the SD810 SoC with 3GB of RAM, the device is supposed to pack a 20.7MP camera on the back. This is same as the one found in the Z3+ (we don't know the image sensor though). The front camera will now be an improved 8MP unit. The tipster also claims that Sony is bundling in a fingerprint sensor into the device, following the recent trends in the smartphone market. So far it seems that there would be a single 32GB storage option with no Micro SD expansion slot.
Previously many a leaks regarding upcoming Sony devices had surfaced - the Sony S60, S70, Lavender (T5 Ultra) etc. The tipster suggest that the Z5 will be priced quite high at $919. This sadly shows that Sony hasn't learnt a lesson from their present generation flagship Z3+!
Note that these are still rumours as of now and do take them with a pinch of salt.