TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Umi Hammer S with Fingerprint sensor and USB Type C coming this August: Here's all about it
UMi is a Shenzhen based company which have drawn a lot of attention post the launch of their budget offering the Umi Iron. The USP of this device was the retina scanner on the front of the device. Recently they are teasing their new Hammer device dubbed the Hammer S in social media sites like Weibo.
The company had launched their first Hammer device earlier this year aiming to capture those carefree users who have a habit of handling their smartphones recklessly. The guys at Umi even went to extent of saying that the device was so hard that it could resist an impact of Hammer! Though I personally doubt the ‘Hammer' claim, I can assure you that the device is one tough nut to crack.
Over-rawed by the success the company's has now decided to bring out a new iteration of the device with some decent specs under the hood. The device is supposed to sport a quad core Mediatek MT6735 (same as the Meizu M2 Note), 2GB of RAM and a 16GB of on-board storage.
The best part is that the device supposed to come with a USB C port! This is one feature that is generally assigned with high range devices. The LeTV X1 600 at 1499 Yuan (Rs 14,999) is the cheapest device to sport the USB Type C. The display is said to be a 5.5 inch one but the resolution is not known yet. We believe it would be an HD (1280x720) panel. The 13MP camera with dual LED flash may be carried forward from the last generation though.
A note Chinese device only website, Gizchina has even managed to land up with a number of photos of the pre-production device. Going by the images we can easily find out that there is a fingerprint sensor below the back camera! The images also reveal that the Hammer S will feature a metal frame - it was expected though, considering the name of the device.
The official teaser suggest that the device will be released at a highly competitive price tag of $129.99 (Rs 8190) this August. Umi Hammer (1st gen) is now available to buy in India though via Flipkart. Hope the company brings this device too to India.