Vertu changes hands again, sold to Chinese investors


Vertu went for another transformation yet again. The company has seen a change in the ownership patterns yet again, changing hands from Nokia to a Chinese investor.

SEE ALSO: Jabra Sports Pace Wireless earbuds is for Fitness freaks who love music

The luxury phone maker is known more for phones that are mostly high on glitter and glamour and less for high end technology. The luxury phone brand went through another major overhaul when it was sold to a Hong Kong-based investor called Godin Holdings including other private investors.


This is the just three years after being sold by Nokia to investment fund EQT VI. The deal has received the required approval of regulators.

Vertu changes hands again, sold to Chinese investors

Vertu may continue to keep it manufacturing plant in Hampshire, UK. The new deal also sees the parting of CEO Massimiliano Pogliani. Pogliani was appointed as head of Vertu in 2012 after the Nokia sale.

There are no details of the valuation of the deal as investors have not disclosed any details.In 2012, Nokia acquired a 90 percent stake in Vertu for allegedly $200 million, leaving 10 percent stake to other investors.

SEE ALSO: Windows 10 to roll out to PC users in mid-November with support for Cortana India

"We believe VERTU is operationally stronger today with a leading position in the luxury mobile phone market. VERTU is now ready to take the next step in its development together with a new owner," says Caspar Callerström, Partner at EQT Partners AB.

Most Read Articles
Best Mobiles in India

Read More About: vertu smartphones android news

Best Phones

Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Yes No
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Gizbot sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Gizbot website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more