TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Vodafone invests Rs 73 crore in Goa to strengthen network
Vodafone India has invested over Rs 73 crore to ramp up its network, distribution and retail presence in Goa circle over the past one year, a senior official said.
"Being the preferred mobile service providers in terms of subscriber base, revenue market share and retail touch points, Vodafone has been focusing on closer engagement and enhancing customer experience in an endeavour to be future- ready," Vodafone India Business Head of Maharashtra and Goa Ashish Chandra, said.
He added pursuing an accelerated growth strategy since April 2014, Vodafone has expanded its network footprint by adding over 170 new 3G and 60 new 2G sites across the state in the last financial year.
With this ramp up, Vodafone has further strengthened its position in Goa across relevant industry parameters network coverage, subscriber base, retail footprint and revenue market share (RMS), he said.
Having set up one of the largest networks in the circle, Vodafone now has more than 475 3G sites in the state. "Specifically to spread awareness and increase adoption of mobile internet, Vodafone has been hand-holding customers through on-ground engagement and education initiatives.
3G has shown tremendous uptake and has been growing at 100 per cent year-on-year (YoY). Overall data contribution to circle service revenues is 18 per cent," Chandra said.