- 18 min ago Xiaomi Notebook Pro 120G Coming To India This Month
- 1 hr ago World Photography Day: List Of Best 108MP Rear Camera Smartphones Under Rs. 20,000 To Buy In India
- 1 hr ago Excitel 400Mbps Broadband Plan Sets New Benchmark In India
- 2 hrs ago This World Photography Day, You Can Win A Sony Alpha Camera From Amazon
- News Amid CBI raid, Kejriwal launches missed call campaign to ‘Make India No. 1’
- Sports CPL 2022: Shimron Hetmyer to lead Guyana Amazon Warriors in Caribbean Premier League
- Finance Intercept Pharmaceuticals Settles Ocaliva Patent Litigation Case, With Dr Reddy's
- Lifestyle Santan Saptami 2022: Date, Time, Fasting, Worship, Vrat Katha, Legend And Significance
- Education CUET 2022 Admit Card For Phase 5 Issued; Exams from August 21
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Feels He Is A 'Bit Underrated' As An Actor; 'People Who Are Discussing Craft Don't Know...'
- Automobiles Hennessey Venom F5 Roadster Revealed - The Fastest Convertible Ever?
- Travel World Photography Day 2022: Prettiest Cities In The World For Instagram Pictures
What if Motorola launches Moto G5 Plus with these rumored specs?
Pricing is the key!
Motorola's Moto G series smartphones turned out to be quite successful for the company, particularly in price-sensitive markets like India. And the reasons are quite obvious. Firstly, they are affordable. Secondly, they offer near Stock Android experience.
Basically, they are the 'no-nonsense' version of smartphones. That doesn't mean they are less powerful or not capable. The Moto G4 Plus, for instance, had a great camera, for what it's worth. To be honest, we were completely blown away by the kind of results it achieved.
And continuing the legacy, Motorola is expected to launch the successors of the 4th Gen Moto phones, called the Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus in all its likelihood at the MWC 2017 held in Barcelona this month.
Fortunately, the rumor mill had already revealed most of the specs of the upcoming device including the pricing, and there's only little that we don't know about it.
Case in point, what happens if the company launches the Moto G5 Plus with the leaked specs? Let's find out.
As per the CPU-Z listing, the Moto G5 Plus will feature a 5.5-inch Full HD display. At the heart of the device will be a Snapdragon 625 SoC paired with 4GB of RAM and 32GB of onboard storage space.
It is believed to come with a 12MP camera on the back and a 5MP selfie camera at the front. A 3,100mAh battery is expected to provide juice for the handset and given the fact that most of the Moto smartphones already received the Nougat update, the smartphone should boot Nougat out-of-the-box.
Earlier, the Moto G5 was rumored to be priced around USD 250 (approximately Rs. 16,966) and the Plus variant is expected to come with a USD 300 (approximately Rs. 20,359) price tag.
However, according to the latest leak, the Moto G5 is expected to be priced around BRL 1099 (roughly Rs. 23,864) and the Moto G5 Plus is rumored to be priced at BRL 1499 (roughly Rs. 32,549).
Mind you, these are merely rumors and should be considered with a pinch of salt. That said, considering the rumored specs, we don't think the Moto G5 Plus will bear such a steep price.
Should face some serious competition
The Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus when launched next month, should face some serious competition from the likes of Xiaomi's Redmi Note 4, and the company's own Lenovo Vibe P2 both of which come with similar specs.
Click here for a quick comparison between the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and Moto G5 Plus and here for a spec comparison between the Lenovo P2 and Moto G5 Plus.
Only price will decide if the next Gen Moto G smartphone can beat both these smartphones to be the ultimate winner.
From the rumored specs, it is quite clear that the Moto G5 Plus will be an incremental update over its predecessor. Akin to its predecessor, we expect to see a capable camera on the G5 and G5 Plus.
Pricing will be the deciding factor. It'll be interesting to see how the device will be priced in India given that the company's own Z2 Plus ships at Rs. 14,999. For the unaware, the Lenovo Z2 Plus was launched in September last year and offers flagship-level hardware (Snapdragon 820 chipset).
Although it will be comparing apples and oranges, here's a quick spec comparison between Lenovo Z2 Plus and Moto G5 Plus in case you are wondering.