- 20 min ago Intel Computex Preview: New products revealed with up to 2x Gaming and 8x AI Boost
- 53 min ago Last week Most trending smartphones: Galaxy A50, OnePlus 7 Pro, Honor 20 Pro, Zenfone 6 and more
- 1 hr ago Everything you should know about Nokia and Netplus deal
- 1 hr ago Nexstgo forays into North India with first ever Avita Brand Store in Delhi
- Finance IndiGo Q4 Profit Shoots Up By A Massive 401%
- News Modi Cabinet 2019: Who will make the cut
- Lifestyle Mandarin Sari Or Fiery Red Outfit: Which Ensemble Of Katrina's Wooed You More?
- Movies Arjun Rampal's Sister: He’s In A Happy Space Now That He’s With Gabriella
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Team analysis: Pakistan seek glory after strife
- Automobiles Honda Activa 5G & CB Shine Limited Edition Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 55,032
- Education MBOSE Result 2019: Direct Link To Check SSLC & HSSLC Result 2019
- Travel Karighatta Hill: Abode Of Tranquility And Adventure
Huawei Mate S to come with Force Touch: All That We Know So Far
The upcoming Huawei Mate S is scheduled to launch on the 2nd of September - few days ahead of the IFA, Berlin. Apparently though, it seems that the upcoming device have already made a guest appearance at a Chinese Reseller website, Oppomart.
The listing states that the upcoming Mate S will includes a 5.7-inch Full HD (1920x1080) resolution display with a pixel density of 368. But this was kind of expected. The revelation though is something different. The listing in Oppomart mentions that the upcoming Mate is supposed to come with a Force Touch display.
In case you have following Apple for the past few months, you are sure to have encountered this term ‘Force Touch' since Apple iPhone 6S is said to feature this new technology. Hence it's quite amazing to see that Huawei has also decided to include it in their latest phablet.
Force Touch basically stands for a display sensor technology where the touch sensor responds differently to the pressure applied on the screen. For example in press on a back button you will go back by one step, but on hard pressing it you will land up all way back to the home screen.
Nevertheless the Mate S is said to feature a home-grown Kirin 935 chipset with an octa-core CPU and the Mali-T628 GPU. The listing further states that the device will come with a 3GB of LPDDR4 RAM and a 64GB of expandable internal storage.
On the back is a 20MP rear camera, while an 8MP front snapper graces the front of the device. Additionally the device comes with a large 4100mAh battery and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Huawei's EMUI 3.1 on top.
Huawei Mate S will also feature a fingerprint sensor on the back of the metal body and will also support 4G LTE. The device has been listed at a price point of $599. Just in case the listing turns out to be genuine expect the device to be priced further lower. These Chinese resellers mark up the official price to some extent in order to make a profit out of their business.
The Mate S is by no means the first device reported to feature the Force Touch display. Besides the flagship iPhone devices, another Chinese OEM ZTE Axon has aired their plans to unveil their device dubbed the Axon Mini with a Force Touch technology. In fact the device passed through TENAA certification a few days back. But both of these devices are tipped to be launched at IFA, Berlin. Apparently it seems that Huawei might win this race to unveil the first Force Touch device.