- 9 hrs ago Vivo Y75 5G With Android 12, 50MP Triple Cameras Launched At Rs. 21,990; Where To Buy?
- 10 hrs ago Realme 9 Pro+ Confirms The The Use Of 50MP Sony Sensor In A Cryptic Way
- 10 hrs ago Amazon Entertainment Edition Spin and Win Quiz: Win LG 4K TV, Up To Rs. 30,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- 10 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy S22 Series Charging Speed Revealed Ahead Of Feb 9 Launch; Support Up To 45W Charging
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Jan 28 Highlights: Karan, Tejasswi & Other Finalists Get Emotional After Watching Their AVs
- Finance Union Budget 2022 Stock Buy: Cement Stock That Could Benefit From Infra Spends
- News India closely following developments in Ukraine, calls for peaceful resolution of situation
- Lifestyle Opinion: Did COVID-19 In India Take Away Safety Net Of Poor School-Going Children?
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Daniel Chima Chukwu on target as Jamshedpur down FC Goa
- Education Assam TET Re-Evaluation Result 2021 Declared, Download Lower Primary, Upper Primary TET Result Here
- Automobiles Largest EV Charging Station In India Opens In Gurugram: Charge Up To 100 EVs Simultaneously
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Puducherry In Winter Of 2022
Xiaomi 12, Moto Edge X30, Realme GT 2 Pro To Pack Qualcomm's Latest Chip; Launch Dates Announced
Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen1 chipset was announced for 2022 flagship smartphones. Naturally, several smartphone makers lined up to release a new series of devices with the flagship processor. Among these include Xiaomi, Motorola, Realme, OnePlus, and several more. Here's everything you need to know about the next-gen flagships with the new Snapdragon processor.
Snapdragon 8 Gen1 Chipset Announced
Before diving into the list of smartphones, let's see a bit about the new processor announced by Qualcomm. The Snapdragon 8 Gen1 has an octa-core CPU design with a single high-performance core based on ARM Cortex-X2 architecture with 3.0GHz, three medium performance cores based on ARM Cortex-A710 with 2.5GHz clock speed, and lastly four efficiency cores based on ARM Cortex-A510 architecture with a peak clock speed of 1.8GHz.
Among the new features, the Snapdragon 8 Gen1 offers a new GPU and ISP, the Snapdragon Sight. It also offers a new AI engine and the Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 handles the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth functions. To note, the new processor comes as the success of the Snapdragon 888 that was announced last year.
Xiaomi 12 With Snapdragon 8 Gen1
Among the upcoming smartphones, the Xiaomi 12 is dubbed to be the first smartphone with the Snapdragon 8 Gen1. The Xiaomi 12 has been doing rounds for a while and the company took to Twitter to formally announce the smartphone. Reports suggest the Xiaomi 12 with the latest processor will have a global launch instead of just limiting to China.
The Xiaomi 12 will also be the first phone to launch with the MIUI 13 that's currently under testing. Onencan expect a flagship design, upgraded cameras, and a smooth display on the upcoming Xiaomi smartphone. Currently, the Xiaomi 12 launch date is still under wraps. Reports suggest it could happen just ahead of December 9 where the Moto Edge X30 is set to debut.
Moto Edge X30 Launch Announced
Joining the list is the Moto Edge X30 smartphone. While Xiaomi is yet to announce the launch date for the Xiaomi 12, the Moto Edge X30 is set to debut on December 9. Tipster Mukul Sharma shared the teaser poster of the Moto Edge X30 smartphone and its launch scheduled for December 9 at 7:30 PM in China (around 5 PM Indian time).
The Moto Edge X30 smartphone is tipped to feature a triple-camera setup at the rear with two 50MP sensors and an 8MP supporting lens. A large 5,000 mAh battery with fast charging support is also expected on the Motorola smartphone. We'll know more with official teasers coming in this week.
Realme GT 2 Pro With Snapdragon 8 Gen1 Tipped
We also have the Realme GT 2 Pro smartphone that's set to debut with the Snapdragon 8 Gen1 chipset. The upcoming smartphone is tipped to feature a Super AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate. A 108MP triple camera setup, 65W fast charging support for the 5,000 mAh battery, and Android 12 out-of-the-box have been reported for the new smartphone.
Apart from the aforementioned smartphones, we can also expect new phones from other brands joining in. The upcoming OnePlus 10 series, Samsung Galaxy S22 series, and so on will launch in 2022 with the Snapdragon 8 Gen1 chipset.