- Xiaomi Mi Max 3 concept shows alleged design and specifications
- Xiaomi led online platforms with a share of 57 % in Q1 2018: Counterpoint
- Mi Football Carnival 2018: Prizes include Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, Mi Band 2 and more
- Xiaomi Redmi 6 top features: AI camera, Face Unlock and more
- Xiaomi Mi Max 3 to arrive with Snapdragon 710 SoC, 5500mAh battery and more
- Xiaomi Redmi Y2 Review: One of the best Selfie smartphone in budget price-point
Xiaomi's Indian subsidiary,Mi India has announced the protection plans for its devices to cover accidental and liquid damages in India, involving cashless repair at authorized service centres
The 'Mi Protect' insurance cover will be available to Mi users to protect their devices in case of damage as per the Xiaomi website or that are explained in detail as part of the offer document. To make avail of this protection plan, Mi users have to purchase via Mi.com.
Today, GizBot presents you the 5 information that you need to know about the Mi Protection plan.
Mi Protect Plan #1
As a part of insurance plan, users can safeguard their devices against accidental or liquid damage, which includes damage caused by water, caffeine beverages, fell on the ground, fell from building,etc.
Mi Protect Plan #2
The 'Mi Protect' for Xiaomi phones is offered by OneAssist in India.The insurance cover is valid for a period of one year.
Mi Protect Plan #3
The Mi Protect plan starts from Rs 275 and goes up depends on the devices. The price list are:
Redmi 2 - Rs. 275
Redmi 2 Prime - Rs. 275
Mi 4i - Rs. 499
Mi Pad - Rs. 499
Mi 4(16GB) - Rs. 499
Mi Protect Plan #4
This plan also includes 24×7 call centre support, one call to block SIM from anywhere, SIM misuse insurance and smartphone assistance.
Mi Protect Plan #5
Suppose if the user upgrades from one Mi device to another, the Plan can be transferred to the new device without any hassle. Users can also cancel it within 30 days of activation.