TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Olympic Body Punishes India For Declining Visas To Pakistan Team After Pulwama
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Rs 1.40 Lakh Phone priced
- Europa League — Arsenal 3 BATE 0 3-1 Agg: Emery's Men Ease Through
- Maruti Wagon R Electric Price Expectations — Most-Affordable EV At The Time Of Launch
- Small And Midcap Stocks Could Deliver Abnormal Gains
- DeepVeer’s Glamorous Entry At Femina Beauty Awards
- Plan Your Next Getaway To Amalapuram, Andhra Pradesh
- 'I Love You' Is Hard For These Zodiacs
Xiaomi MIUI 7 Global ROM to launch on August 19 at an event in India, registrations begin
After the launch of the first made in India smartphone by Xiaomi, the company is gearing up to launch their latest iteration of their custom OS dubbed the MIUI 7. The company has officially announced the launch date of their OS via their official page - MIUI Chinese ROM on 13th and MIUI Global on 19th of August.
Presently most of Xiaomi's latest devices namely Mi4, MiPad, Redmi2 and even the Redmi Note run the company's MIUI v6. In fact it was a major upgrade from the MIUI v5 when it was launched globally. This makes us believe that this time around, the Beijing based world's third largest OEM will have a lot in store for us. Gizbot is hopeful to see a no of Android M features to be included in their latest iteration of the OS.
Earlier this year there was rumour regarding AOKP (Android Open Kang Project) working with the company on the MIUI 7. Even AOKP has posted that info on their official blog. A few weeks back though, they officially updated the post saying that they had trolled all of us out there. In fact they never had a talk with any MI official regarding the MIUI 7 - they simply took the opportunity of the floating rumours to have some fun!
Nevertheless the MIUI Global ROM will be unveiled at a event in the Lalit Grand in Delhi. The event would be graced by the company's global Vice President, Hugo Barra alongwith the thousands of MI Fan out there. In fact Xiaomi is providing an opportunity for global Mi Fans to attend the event via the respective MIUI forums.
There is an apply to attend the event option via which fans need to enroll using their name, email id, phone number and most importantly the reason for attending the event. The best entry from each country (where Xiaomi has officially entered) would get a chance to cover the event thanks to an all expenses paid trip.
Other than the MIUI Chinese ROM the company is also tipped to unveil their much awaited Redmi Note 2 on the same date in China.