- 1 hr ago Poco X5 Pro 5G Global Variant Listing Indicates A Rebranded Redmi Note 12 Series Smartphone
- 1 hr ago OnePlus 10R vs Nothing Phone (1): Comparison
- 2 hrs ago Apple iPhone 15 Could Support Wi-Fi 6E Network: Report
- 3 hrs ago Oppo Find N2 Flip Launch Promos Leak: Check Specs, Features Of Foldable Clamshell Smartphone
- Movies They Look Hot: Bigg Boss 16 Fans REACT As Priyanka Choudhary-Kartik Aaryan Recreate Love Aaj Kal Scene
- Sports India vs New Zealand: Hardik Pandya opts to field first after winning toss
- Lifestyle What Are Smart Beds? Can It Improve Your Sleep? Price And Other Details
- Finance National Saving Certificate- How to Open a NSC Account Online and Offline?
- News Sec 144 imposed at Delhi University over BBC documentary row, 24 students detained
- Travel Tata, Infosys Showing Interest In Monument Mitra Scheme, Know What It Is
- Automobiles 2023 BMW X1 & iX1 India Launch Tomorrow – Here’s Everything You Should Know
- Education Professional Students' Summit-2023 to be held in Kerala
Xiaomi Redmi 5 receives MIUI 10.1.3 update based on Android 8.1 Oreo with dual VoLTE
Redmi 5 was launched with Android 7.1 Nougat
Xiaomi recently upgraded the Xiaomi Redmi 5 to MIUI 10, the latest custom OS from the company with a lot of third-party customizations based on Android 7 Nougat. And now, the company has released MIUI 10.1.3, which updates the smartphone to Android 8.1 Oreo. The update also adds dual VoLTE feature, which was initially missing on the smartphone.
What's new on the MIUI 10.1.3 for the Xiaomi Redmi 5?
- Update based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Camera bug stability fix
- Improved Face Detection in the camera app
- Cards-like settings menu
- Fixed voice recorder
Xioami Redmi 5 specifications
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 is the most affordable smartphone from the brand with an 18:9 aspect ratio, at the time of launch. The device has a 5.7-inch IPS grade screen with a resolution of 1440 x 720p, protected by 2.5D curved tempered glass.
The device runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 SoC with 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage with a microSD card slot and a dual SIM card slots. The device has a single 12 MP camera on the back and a 5 MP selfie camera on the front.
The smartphone has a metal unibody design, similar to the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 with all the necessary ports, including a micro USB port for charging and data syncing, a 3.5 mm headphone jack.
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 comes with a 3300 mAh Li-ion non-user replaceable battery with support for 10W fast charging, which can last a complete day on a single charge. Considering the Xiaomi's upgrade cycle, the Redmi 5 will not receive Android 9 Pie update; instead, the device will be updated to MIUI 11 based on Android 8.1 Oreo.