- 24 min ago Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- 3 hrs ago Select Nokia smartphones get up to Rs. 6,000 discount but just for a day
- 7 hrs ago Honor 20 series to be available on Flipkart: Here are the details
- 8 hrs ago Oppo A9x goes official with 48MP primary rear camera and dewdrop notch display
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Automobiles Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Xiaomi Redmi 5 receives MIUI 10.1.3 update based on Android 8.1 Oreo with dual VoLTE
Redmi 5 was launched with Android 7.1 Nougat
Xiaomi recently upgraded the Xiaomi Redmi 5 to MIUI 10, the latest custom OS from the company with a lot of third-party customizations based on Android 7 Nougat. And now, the company has released MIUI 10.1.3, which updates the smartphone to Android 8.1 Oreo. The update also adds dual VoLTE feature, which was initially missing on the smartphone.
What's new on the MIUI 10.1.3 for the Xiaomi Redmi 5?
- Update based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Camera bug stability fix
- Improved Face Detection in the camera app
- Cards-like settings menu
- Fixed voice recorder
Xioami Redmi 5 specifications
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 is the most affordable smartphone from the brand with an 18:9 aspect ratio, at the time of launch. The device has a 5.7-inch IPS grade screen with a resolution of 1440 x 720p, protected by 2.5D curved tempered glass.
The device runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 SoC with 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage with a microSD card slot and a dual SIM card slots. The device has a single 12 MP camera on the back and a 5 MP selfie camera on the front.
The smartphone has a metal unibody design, similar to the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 with all the necessary ports, including a micro USB port for charging and data syncing, a 3.5 mm headphone jack.
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 comes with a 3300 mAh Li-ion non-user replaceable battery with support for 10W fast charging, which can last a complete day on a single charge. Considering the Xiaomi's upgrade cycle, the Redmi 5 will not receive Android 9 Pie update; instead, the device will be updated to MIUI 11 based on Android 8.1 Oreo.