- News Meet AIMIM's Imtiaz Jaleel, first MP elected to Parliament from Maharashtra in 15 years
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Eng vs Aus, Warm-up: Smith's hundred and clinical show by bowlers help Australia beat England
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Movies When This Top Actress’s Shocking Remark About Suriya Upset Fans
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Automobiles Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Xiaomi Redmi Go announced officially for around Rs. 6,500
Xiaomi Redmi Go, the first Android Go smartphone from the company is now official.
Finally, putting an end to the rumors and speculations, Xiaomi's sub-brand Redmi has taken the wraps off the Redmi Go. This is the latest entry-level smartphone from the company. Also, it carries the credits of being the first Android Go smartphone to be launched by the brand. While it has been announced in the European markets and the Philippines, there is no word regarding its global availability as yet.
Price and availability
The Redmi Go has been launched for 80 euros, which is approximately Rs. 6,500. It has been announced that this smartphone will go on sale in Europe sometime in February in two colors - Blue and Black. As of now, there is no word regarding when it will be released in other countries including India. Also, the pricing of this phone in the Philippines is yet to be announced.
Xiaomi Redmi Go features and specifications
When it comes to its features and specifications, Xiaomi Redmi Go is the first smartphone from the company to run Android Go. It runs Android 8.1 Oreo (Go Edition) and not the recent iteration based on Android 9 Pie.
It bestows a 5-inch HD display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels and an aspect ratio of 16:9. Under its hood, this smartphone is equipped with a 1.4GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 SoC paired with 1GB RAM and 8GB storage space. There is a hybrid SIM slot that lets you choose either a second SIM or a microSD card for expandable storage.
For imaging, the Redmi Go uses an 8MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture and a 5MP selfie camera with the same aperture. It comes with standard connectivity aspects such as Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, Wi-Fi, micro USB charging port and 3.5mm headphone jack. A 3000mAh battery powers the smartphone from within.
As it is an Android Go smartphone, it is optimized to run smoothly on phones with up to 1GB RAM. It also comes with the Go version of popular Google apps that can work seamlessly on low-end devices. This suite of lightweight apps include Google Go, Assistant Go, Gmail Go and YouTube Go.