TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 spotted in listing by Oppomart
Xiaomi is hitting the headlines for the entire week now! The company will officially announce their latest iteration of MIUI dubbed the MIUI 7 on the 19th of August. The Chinese MIUI ROM will be unveiled earlier though on the 13th. Nevertheless the company is tipped to launch their next generation of the Redmi Note 2 on the 13th too.
The device passing the TENAA certification a week back also symbolizes the imminent launch of the device. Nevertheless the upcoming Redmi Note 2 was today spotted in a listing of popular Chinese reseller Oppomart. The reseller have listed the device to sport a 5.7 inch Full HD (1920x1080) display which is unlike the one mentioned during the TENAA certification.
The certification leaks claims that the device boasts of 5.5 inch screen. Hence we can let it passe as a typo from the company. Under the hood is Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 SoC with an Adreno 405 GPU. The device also boasts of 2GB of RAM - an industry standard for mid-range smartphones.
The listing further states that the storage inside is 16GB which is further expandable by MicroSD card slot. The imaging department are handled by a 13MP and 5MP cameras - similar to the one which we saw on the previous gen Note. Another quirk in the listing is the mention of a 3600 mAh battery - unlike the 3020mAh spotted in the TENAA listing.
Additionally the Redmi Note still runs on Android Kitkat (4.4.4) with the company's own MIUI 6 on top. Gizbot though believes that the device may come with MIUI 7 out of the box, if launched side by side with the latest ROM from the Beijing based company.
Oppomart has priced the device at $249 ( Rs 13,999) - do add a 10-20 percent discount on the listed price to get a hunch of the release price. Resellers always apply a premiuim on the official price of the device.