TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Nissan Motors Chairman & Renault CEO Carlos Ghosn Arrested For Misrepresenting Funds
- Flipkart Mobile Bonanza Offers: Heavy Discounts Available
- Deepika Padukone's Mangalsutra Gets All The Attention — Here Are The Pics
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Lately, Xiaomi is hitting the headlines as it started rolling out the MIUI 9.5 update. The update was initially rolled out to the Redmi Note 4 followed by the Redmi Note 5 Pro. Then, the Redmi 3S and 3S Prime started receiving the update. Now, the latest device to start getting the MIUI 9.5 custom ROM is the Redmi Note 3.
Though the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, the best-selling smartphone back in 2016 received the MIUI 9.5 update, it is not the same firmware, which was rolled out to the other Xiaomi devices, especially the recent ones. We say so as the Redmi Note 3 is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow even after receiving this update.
The MIUI 9.5 Global ROM has a rich set of features and improvements and the users might not miss the Android Oreo update. Still, the update to the Redmi Note 3 misses out on some notable changes as there are just UI updates and no new features have been added to the smartphone.
One of the important addition, which has been rolled out to the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 by the MIUI 9.5 update is the January security patch. Also, there are some fixes to the bugs those were present in the previous version of MIUI. The update weighs in around 425MB and it carries the version number 184.108.40.206.MHOMIEK, claims a GSMArena report.
If you use a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, then it is recommended that you download and install the MIUI 9.5 Global ROM using a Wi-Fi network so that you save the mobile data. If you have not received the notification for the OTA update, then you can check for the same manually by heading to Settings → Info → About Device → Software updates to know if the firmware update has been rolled out to your phone.
Notably, Xiaomi released a list of 30 compatible smartphones those will receive the MIUI 9.5 update. If you own any other Xiaomi smartphone and want to check if your phone will receive the latest version of the global ROM, then you can check the list from here to know the same.