- 33 min ago ARM breaks up with Huawei: Is this the end of Huawei?
- 2 hrs ago Redmi Note 7S vs other budget smartphones available in India
- 6 hrs ago ZTE launches super affordable ZTE Blade A5 2019 with an 8 MP selfie camera
- 6 hrs ago Jabra launched Elite 85h headphones in India: Price, specification & more
- News Lok Sabha Election Results 2019 LIVE: Home Ministry warns of violence amidst counting
- Sports England have no margin for error at World Cup, warns Stokes
- Lifestyle 10 Effective Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure Hypotension
- Automobiles Top-Selling Bikes In India For April 2019 — Hero MotoCorp Receives Stiff Competition From Honda
- Movies Harshad Chopda & Jennifer Winget Reveal Their Relationship Status & What they Hate About Each Other!
- Education TS Inter Re-verification Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On May 27
- Finance Air India To Add Flights To Domestic And International Routes In June
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro gets Face Unlock with MIUI 9.2 update
Redmi Note 5 Pro joins the list of smartphones with the Face Unlock feature.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro went on sale in India via Flipkart and Mi.com along with the Redmi Note 5 yesterday. Given that the device is priced at Rs. 13,999 and Rs. 16,999, it is facing an intense demand among buyers. This is evident from the massive sales that has crossed over 3 lakh units of these smartphones in just three minutes.
During the announcement of the Redmi Note 5 Pro on February 14, the company assured that the device will get the Face Unlock feature in March. Now, the company has rolled out this feature for the Nightly build users in closed beta. The update brings the Face Unlock feature along with a slew of system optimizations.
Xiaomi is known for rolling out Global Nightly Beta ROMs to the closed beta testers every Tuesday. The company recruits closed beta testers for its smartphones via the MIUI forums. So after testing these new features in the Global Nightly Beta ROM, the company will release the same to the Global Beta ROM and then to the final stable version of the ROM.
Given that the Face Unlock as been rolled out along with the latest MIUI 9.2 Nightly update, we can expect the Redmi Note 5 Pro to get the feature as a part of the stable MIUI 9 ROM by the end of March this year as promised by Xiaomi. The company is yet to come up with the download links of the Global beta ROM and stable ROM for the smartphone. We can expect the same to be revealed in the coming weeks.
Notably, the MIUI 9.2 Nightly build has been rolled out as an OTA update. It will take the device to the version number MIUI 9.2.4, claims Clinton Jeff, the Product PR representative of Xiaomi India. Those who managed to get hold of the Redmi Note 5 Pro in the first sale that happened yesterday, can get the update that will bring the Face Unlock feature to their smartphone if they opt to be a part of the closed beta testers group.
Having said that, the next sale of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro is all set to happen on February 28 via Mi.com and Flipkart. We expect to see a massive demand even for the next sale of the smartphone.