- 5 hrs ago Amazon JBL Days Sale: Discount Offers On Headphones, Speakers, Earphones, And More
- 11 hrs ago Asus ZenBook Pro Duo 15 OLED Now Available In India: Price Starts At Rs. 2,39,990
- 12 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy F22 Gets Bluetooth SIG Certification; Confirmed To Be Rebaged Galaxy A22
- 13 hrs ago BSNL 4G Data Vouchers Are Better Than Reliance Jio's Packs: Know How
- Movies Super Dancer - Chapter 4 Judge Shilpa Shetty Kundra’s Wish Was Fulfilled When Kumar Sanu Sang Live
- Finance Fed Holds Interest Rates, Sees Faster Time Frame For Rate Hikes
- Automobiles 2021 Range Rover Velar Launched In India At Rs 79.87 Lakh
- Sports Turkey 0-2 Wales: Bale misses penalty but sets up both goals in Group A thriller of Euro 2020
- News Sonia Gandhi took both doses of COVID vaccine, Rahul's jab delayed due to positive result: Congress
- Lifestyle Celebrating Pride: Monica Dogra From ALTBalaji's The Married Woman Gives Styling Tips To Ace This Month!
- Travel Madhya Pradesh Tourism Collaborates With The Vidya Balan-Starrer Amazon Original Film ‘Sherni’
- Education Study Abroad 2021: Check Out The Countries Reopening For International Students
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro launched in India starting at Rs. 13,999; specs and features
The Redmi Note 5 Pro is touted as "India's camera beast" by the company.
As expected, Xiaomi today launched the Redmi Note 5 Pro alongside the Redmi Note 5 in India. The smartphone is basically the upgraded version of the Redmi Note 5. There are several things to notice about the Redmi Note 5 Pro. For example, it is the first smartphone to feature the Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor. As claimed by the company, the Snapdragon 636 can deliver 50 percent higher performance and it is 40 percent more power efficient.
Further, the Redmi Note 5 Pro is also the first Xiaomi phones to pack up to 6GB of RAM. The Chinese manufacturer has used the LPDDR4X RAM in its new smartphone. What's more, the Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with a powerful camera department. The smartphone is touted as "India's camera beast" by the company. As earlier revealed by leaks, the Redmi Note 5 Pro is equipped with a vertically stacked rear dual camera setup.
The Redmi Note 5 Pro is fitted with a 5.99-inch FHD+ (2,160x1,080) resolution display with 18:9 aspect ratio. The display further features a 2.5D curved glass for added protection.
Under the hood
The Redmi Note 5 Pro is powered by Qualcomm's latest mid-range processor Snapdragon 636 which is an octa-core processor clocked at 1.8GHz. The smartphone comes in two variants; one has 4GB RAM and 64GB native storage, and another has 6GB RAM and 64GB native storage.
The LPDDR4X RAM used on the phone is really fast and it is not even present on the Samsung Galaxy S8.
The smartphone is backed up by a large 4,000mAh battery.
As stated, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro ships with a vertically arranged dual camera setup at the back. The setup is comprised of a primary 12MP Sony IMX 486 sensor and a secondary 5MP Samsung sensor for capturing depth of filed information. The rear camera setup also comes with Portrait Mode and better technology for taking good quality pictures in low light conditions.
The front camera is a 20MP Sony IMX376 sensor. The front camera also comes with Bokeh Effect, better edge detection, and LED selfie light.
Both the front and rear cameras are equipped with Beautify 4.0 technology, which will make the pictures even better. Basically, the cameras use AI-based algorithms to choose the best mode for capturing a picture.
Face Unlock feature and price
Notably, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro will soon be getting a Face Unlock feature via an OTA update by the end of March. It will be AI-based as well.
The 6GB variant of the smartphone is priced at Rs. 16,999, while the 4GB variant of Redmi Note 5 Pro is priced at Rs. 13,999.
The smartphone will go sale for the first time on February 22 exclusively via Flipkart and mi.com and Mi Home stores. Apart from that, the Redmi Note 5 Pro will soon be available through offline channels.
Reliance Jio subscribers will get a cashback worth Rs. 2,200 and 100 percent additional 4G data.