TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- WhatsApp Working On Linked Accounts, Vacation Mode And Silent Mode
- Places That Will Drive You To Explore The Beauty Of Kilimanoor In Kerala
- Effective Baking Soda Remedies For Athlete's Feet
- Making Men Priority Was A Big Mistake: Neena Gupta
- Nissan Kicks Unveiled In India — Launch In 2019
- OMG! Watch The Crazy Run Out Of Azhar Ali!
- Top 10 Unique Engineering Courses You Can Pursue
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A was announced late last month with MIUI 9 out of the box. While the device is yet to be released outside China, Xiaomi has unveiled a higher end variant of this smartphone.
At the time of launch, Xiaomi unveiled two variants of the Redmi Note 5A - one with Snapdragon 425 SoC with 2GB RAM and 16GB storage space and the other with Snapdragon 435 SoC with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage. The base variant of the Redmi Note 5A is priced at 699 yuan (approx. Rs. 6,500) and the 3GB RAM variant is priced at 899 yuan (approx. Rs. 8,500).
While these two variants went on sale soon after their launch, the higher end variant with Snapdragon 435 SoC, 4GB RAM and 64GB storage space priced at 1,199 yuan (approx. Rs. 11,500) went on sale only lately. The stocks of the device were empty in just a few minutes and the date for the next sale is yet to be announced.
Apart from the difference mentioned above, all the three variants support expandable storage capacity up to 128GB using a microSD card. When it comes to the other specifications, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A arrives with a 5.5-inch HD 720p display and employs a 3080mAh battery to keep the lights turned on. The smartphone runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat topped with MIUI 9. The imaging aspects of the base variant comprise of a 13MP main camera at its rear with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture and PDAF and a 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture. The connectivity aspects on board include 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2, infrared sensor, GPS and Wi-Fi.
The Snapdragon 435 variant of the Redmi Note 5A features a 16MP selfie camera at the front with an Omnivision sensor, f/2.0 aperture, LED flash and a 76.4-degree wide-angle lens. The other aspects remain the same except for the presence of a fingerprint sensor at its rear.