- 6 hrs ago Raksha Bandhan Gift Ideas: Best Selfie Camera Smartphones Under Rs. 20,000
- 10 hrs ago Xiaomi’s New Product For India Is An IoT-Enabled Air Fryer For Multi-Functional Cooking
- 10 hrs ago OnePlus Nord Watch Renders Leak Ahead Of Launch
- 14 hrs ago Vivo V23e 5G, Y21T Price In India Dropped By Rs. 1,000; Here’s New Pricing & Specs
- Finance Multibagger Chemicals Sector Stock Declares Record Date To Pay 450% Dividend
- News Accident caught on camera: Five injured after BEST bus hits temple
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 14 August 9 Highlights: Hardik Joshi, Samit Sharma Join The Amitabh Bachchan Show
- Sports Serena to retire: The remarkable stats, facts and figures that highlight Williams' legacy
- Lifestyle Iconic Japanese Fashion Designer Issey Miyake Passes Away At 84: Tribute
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Accessories - 5 Official Accessories Worth Your Money
- Travel Raksha Bandhan 2022: Adventure Tourist Places In India to Visit with Brother & Sister
- Education XLRI Will Open The Window For XAT Registration 2023 From August 10
Xiaomi to roll out MIUI 9 to 40 smartphones: Complete list announced
Xiaomi is doing a good job as usually most of the Android devices that are launched are abandoned after less than 2 years.
Xiaomi users should be happy as the company has now announced that it will bring updates and support for its devices for a long time. Further, the company has announced that it will now update as many as 40 devices to the latest MIUI 9 software. While some of the flagship devices have already got it, quite surprisingly Xiaomi has listed some of the old devices as well. Some of the devices include that from 2012!
It is worth mentioning that Xiaomi is doing a good job as usually most of the Android devices that are launched are abandoned after less than 2 years. But as with any device, software updates are important for mobile users. The main reason is that they bring in important bug fixes and security updates in addition to new features.
As for MIUI 9, it is the latest version of Xiaomi's custom UI that runs on top Android. While the 9th version was officially announced earlier in July, the UI had been going under tests and development for a long time. Many beta builds of the MIUI 9 Global ROM were released. But recently Xiaomi has completed the tests and is rolling out the stable version to its devices.
In any case, the new software update will come for eligible devices and the company has said that this is in line with the numerous requests coming from the Mi Fans.
Meanwhile, some of the new features that MIUI 9 will bring are new smart assistant, faster app loading, quick reply, notifications filter, home screen enhancements, revamped security app, multi-window mode, new theme features, and MIUI Labs introduction.
All in all, the new version will allow users to do more and at the same time, it will deliver better user experience as well as device performance. However, MIUI 9 is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat and because it is customized extremely it generally takes Xiaomi a longer time to release core OS updates.
But again, what's impressive is that the update is coming to a lot of devices. Besides, here's a complete list of devices that will be updated to MIUI 9.
Mi A1, Mi Note 3, Mi Max 2, Mi MIX 2, Mi 6, Mi Pad 3, Mi 5c, Mi MIX, Mi 5s Plus, Mi Max, Mi Note 2, Mi 4s, Mi Pad 2, Mi 4c, Mi 5s, Mi 5, Mi Note, Mi 4, Mi Pad 7.9, Mi 2s, Mi 2.
Redmi 5 Plus, Redmi 5A, Redmi 5, Redmi Y1, Redmi 4, Redmi 4A, Redmi 4 Prime, Redmi Pro, Redmi 3x, Redmi 3s, Redmi 3, Redmi 2A, Redmi 2, Redmi 1S.
Redmi Note series
Redmi Note 4X, Redmi Note 4, Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note.