TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
ZTE seems to be quite positive going forward in 2018. The company has just announced some interesting things about it plans for the year and it further looks like the company is serious in terms of expanding its mobile business across the globe especially in the U.S.
ZTE's Chief Executive Officer, Lixin Cheng has now confirmed that his company is aiming to launch new smartphones with 5G capabilities in the United States at the end of 2018 or in early 2019. He has disclosed this information during an interview with Bloomberg. However this is a bold statement from the company as 5G technology is still being tested and looking at how things are progressing, the new network setup could take some more time before it is offered to the public.
While we are still skeptical, ZTE could most probably change its plans depending on how the 5G network technology and equipment evolve in the coming days or months. Interestingly, ZTE's chief has also stated that aside from the 5G-ready smartphone, his company could also bring in a 5G tablet or wireless-internet hub for consumers.
While many top smartphone brands, as well as network operators, are working on the technology it will interesting to see whether ZTE will be the first company to launch a 5G-ready smartphone or if it will be outpaced by rivals like Samsung and Apple.
Meanwhile, in another development, ZTE has also announced plans for expanding its foldable smartphone portfolio. In an interview with Engadget, ZTE's Vice President of Marketing, Jeff Yee, has confirmed that the Axon M will not be the last of its kind. Yee has stated that ZTE will likely launch several foldable smartphones that will succeed M.
According to the executive, ZTE's end goal is to develop and release a smartphone with one single display that can fold in and out depending on how much screen real-estate users want to use. All in all, it looks like the company is committed to bringing in some useful and enticing products for consumers in 2018. The reports come on the sidelines of CES 2018 that just concluded yesterday in Las Vegas.