TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Lenovo's child brand, ZUK, at an even in China announced ZUI 2.5 update based on Android 7.0 Nougat. The company said that the update will be rolled out to both the Z2 and Z2 Pro smartphones by the Chinese New Year (or the Spring Festival) which is around the end of January in 2017.
The update will reportedly bring along features such as customisable lock screen and information cards for text messages among other standard Nougat features. The company had also stated that the more affordable ZUK Z1 will also be getting a closed beta by the end of January 2017.
However, the company did not mention when a stable version of the same will be made available. That said, the company touted that the ZUK Z1 will be the first Snapdragon 801 SoC equipped smartphone to receive the Nougat update.
As of now, the above-mentioned updates are China-specific. The update should be rolled out globally including India (for the Lenovo Z2 Plus) sometime in 2017. However, currently, there's no information on a particular time frame.
At the same event in China, the company had also announced a huge price cut around CNY 600 (which is roughly around Rs. 6,000) for the high-end ZUK Z2 Pro model which was launched earlier this year.