- 21 min ago Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: Galaxy A50s, Mi A3, Galaxy Note10+, Realme 5 Pro And More
- 32 min ago NASA Astronaut Who Spent 203 Days On ISS Accused Of Identity Theft
- 44 min ago Apple MacBook Pro Might Be Banned On Flights In India Too: Report
- 1 hr ago Google Nest Hub Launched In India: Offers And Specifications
- Automobiles Top-Selling Bikes In India For July 2019: Hero Splendor Tops The List With 1.78 Lakh Units
- Lifestyle Is Your Partner Emotionally Abusive? 8 Signs That Say So
- Movies Sai Pallavi-Naga Chaitanya Movie To Deal With Some Sensitive Issues
- Finance How To Get Income Tax Refund If There Is A Mismatch In Bank Details?
- News Why curbing plastic use is need of the hour?
- Sports Murali Vijay to play for Somerset in English County championship
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Nokia 701 Review
Nokia 701 is a great smartphone, and one advertised by Nokia as the brightest mobile screen in the world for which you can thank the superior graphics, the LED-backlit IPS TFT with 16 million colours and Nokia's ClearBlack display on the 360x640 pixel capacity touch screen. You'll love looking at the screen for sure.
Let's start with the hardware. Nokia 701 is available in attractive amethyst violet, silver light, steel dark and variations of white colours. That's quite an attractive and exhaustive range of colours to choose from. The screen we mentioned above is protected by Gorilla glass display which makes it scratch resistant. The design of the handset is classy and neatly fits in your hand, with the stainless steel finish giving it a deservedly up-market appearance.
Coming to the OS, Nokia 701 is loaded with the Symbian Belle operating system powered by a 1 GHz processor. As far as internal memory goes, Nokia 701 has storage of 8 GB, a 512MB RAM and 1 GB ROM. You can also slot in a microSD memory card of up to 32GB.
Another interesting feature of the 701 screen is the proximity sensors that enable turn-off as well as the auto-rotate feature that enables you to view the screen vertically and horizontally. 701 also features accelerometer and multi touch input.
701 is loaded with great apps, and you get a personalized main screen. Browser features include RSS feeds, HTML and WAP2.0/XHTML. There are many Java features too such as MIDP 2.1. Other useful features of 701 are digital compass, photo editor, predictive voice command or dial, NFC Support, MP4/WAV/EAAC+/WMA player and MP4/H.263/H.264 player. It also has a dedicated microphone combined with the noise cancellation feature.
For the avid snappers, 701 offers an 8 megapixel camera at the rear with a 3264x2448 resolution. Other features of the camera include dual LED flash, geo-tagging and fixed focus. It also enables capturing high definition videos at the rate of 720p@30 fps. For videoconferencing the smartphone comes with a front facing 0.3 megapixel VGA camera.
701 features built-in NFC technology which is not found in every other phone. NFC technology ensures easy sharing of videos and photos as well as connectivity to devices such as loudspeakers and other accessories without using wires. There are, of course, other connectivity options such as Bluetoothv3.0 featuring EDR and A2DP, WiFi 802.11 b/g, and v2.0 micro USB. 701 supports GSM 850/900/1800/1900 2G and HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 3G networks.
The 701 has a1300 mAh Li-ion battery. It gives a talk-time of up to 17 hours for 2G and 6.45 minutes for 3G. There is a standby time of around 55 hours for 3G and 504 hours for 2G.
So there you have it - another great smartphone from Nokia that looks good, feels good and is packed with technological wizardry. The price in India of the Nokia 701 in India is Rs. 19,000/-.