TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
Availability of maps on smartphones have become a boon to people. It definitely is lot easier to travel around, when you have accurate maps to give you directions any time you require them. There are even services that offer maps of indoor locations like malls and Airports. These maps can be really help full in finding specific places inside the indoor spaces. Indoor maps can particularly be useful when you need to find something quick.
Previously, Gizbot reported that Nokia has launched Venues Here, indoor mapping service in India. Whats impressive is India only happens to be one out of the 45 countries in which the service is available. Venues Here offers maps for over 49,000 indoor locations. Although most of these locations are shopping malls, the map also covers public transit stations, grocery stores, airports and theme parks and others.
Venues Here is said to offer specific details on venues, like the location of a particular store in a mall, location of elevators, ATMs, product offers, amongst others. Google Maps Indoors and Microsoft's Bing Maps also offers similar mapping solutions. However, it isn't clear as to how many locations these services exactly cover.
Nokia's Here maps are available across iOS and Android platforms as well, but the Venues Here which is a part of the Here maps service is only available for Nokia devices.