TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Between 2004 And 2018, National Parties Collected Rs 8721.14 Crore From Unknown Sources
- India Beats New Zealand In 1st ODI — Catch The Highlights
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
Nokia India has recently dumped the web version of its music store after running it for over 4 years. Therefore, users can no longer download music from Nokia Music's online store or its desktop client but now the service will only be available on Nokia Music Unlimited compatible phones.
Also all Nokia Music unlimited compatible phones would come with a free period of Nokia music unlimited subscription. Customers may also renew their subscription if it is over. Moreover, through an active Nokia Music Unlimited subscription, users can download new music from Nokia Music and listen to Mix Radio.
It has not even been a month since Microsoft acquired Nokia and it has already shut down the web version of its digital music store. According to the reports, a company spokesperson said, "We communicated the ramp down of desktop downloads in India back in 2011 as part of our mobile first strategy. We will continue to invest significantly in the success of Nokia Music in India."
To go by the history of Nokia Music Store India, it was launched in August, 2009 at the Music Connects conference. Then, Nokia Music Store allowed users to browse and buy music in order to download on PC and compatible Nokia mobile device. Soon by 2010, the company introduced the Ovi Music Unlimited service and now Nokia Music Unlimited, which allows customers to download songs for free for one year with purchase of select devices.