TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Nokia Normandy/X May Not be the Only Android Device in Works
Nokia's Normandy (or X) may have been enjoying a lot of spotlight recently with the device set to be the first handset from Nokia to run on Android KitKat, but if the latest rumors for the same are to be believed, the company can expect to cherish that spotlight for a bit longer.
With the MWC (Mobile World Congress) 2014 just around the corner, the new Nokia device is getting set to be showcased at the event. And if the rumors circulating everywhere are to be believed, Normandy is just the beginning for the company in the Android domain and there may be up to three Nokia Android handsets on the cards before the end of 2014, with the first among them coming as soon as May.
While we all have heard enough number of times about the Nokia X on the Internet (not to mention, all of them are rumors at this stage), the focus this time around is on the "other" Nokia-made Android smartphones that are also expected to arrive this year - codenamed Nokia XX and Nokia XXX.
According to the rumors, the next similar handset from Nokia is reportedly known internally as the Nokia XX, and the third phone, which is also waiting for an official name, is currently called Nokia XXX (which sounds quite weird).
However, each unit is expected to be a step up from the last, making the nameless one a flagship-tier device.
"Information on the smartphone has allegedly been dug out from an internal email, and the device most likely bears a temporary moniker.," G4Games, which unearthed the information, states.
"More so, the source also suggests that the third Nokia Android device will be more powerful than the XX, and would fit the flagship market segment. Unfortunately, this device has not been identified with any name, and we refuse to call it the 'Nokia triple-X'," it adds.
So are we getting to see not one, but at least two Android running Nokia handsets at this year's MWC? We will only find out the coming week.