- 29 min ago Redmi K20 Pro Vs OnePlus 6T: Which Is The Best Smartphone Under Rs. 30,000 In India?
- 1 hr ago OnePlus 7 Vs OnePlus 7 Pro – Which One Should You Buy?
- 10 hrs ago Airtel Upgrades 4G Network In J&K: Here Are The Details
- 14 hrs ago VingaJoy Maxo Bass Wireless Neckband – Foldable Design For Rs. 1,599
- Sports Fury impressively stops Schwarz in second round
- Movies WHAT? Radhika Pandit Involving In Politics Because Of Yash? Fans Welcome The News!
- News NIA digs up a direct Pakistan link between Pakistan and ISIS in India
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Nokia slashes Lumia 800, 900 Prices: Will the Price Drop Strategy Impact the Sales of Android And iOS Market?
If you are a Nokia fan, and hoping to buy a Lumia 800 and 900 smartphone, however, waiting for a discount on these handsets, then you long wait is over. The Finnish handset manufacturer has recently announced a price cut on both these devices up to 10 to 15 percent.
Reportedly, Nokia has taken the step in line with the company’s plan to release its new models by the month of November including Mokia Lumia 920 and 820.
As per reports, there will be a 15 percent price cut for its Lumia 800 model where as Nokia Lumia 900 will feature a 10 percent price cut. The report has been leaked by CCS Insight which is known to be a leading British research firm. However Nokia has declined to comment on these latest developments.
It is only during the beginning of this month that Nokia announced the launch of its Lumia 820 and Lumia 920 models. However both the models will be reaching the shelves of retail stores only by the month of November. The company sales team is doing all it can to promote the sales of the existing smartphones before the launch of the new models. The latest price cut can be a sigh of relief for customers who were looking out for buying Lumia 800 and 900 smartphones but were unable to get one due to the expensive pricing it had before.
Nokia has huge expectations with its upcoming Lumia 920 and 820 devices. The company which was once regarded as the largest mobile phone maker is now struggling to maintain its position in the competitive smartphone segment.
The company has faced almost $3.86 Billion in losses from its operations during the last 18 months. Hence, Nokia is now trying to retain its market position by highlighting its new partnership with Microsoft in releasing smartphones with Windows Phone operating system.
Many of the analysts feel the expensive pricing to be a major reason for Nokia’s failure in marketing its products. But some analysts suggest this claim to be pointless as pricing has not affected the sales of Apple products such as iPhone 5 which is comparatively more expensive to Nokia’s offerings.