TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Nokia was likely to come out with a number of devices this year, powered by Windows Phone 8 operating systems. But now it looks like no device set to launch this year can match the android devices in terms of size.
It is said that the Finnish mobile leader will manufacture phones only up to 4.7-inch size. The information was made public by DigiTimes. However, the handset makers who have adopted Google OS as their operating platform are manufacturing devices that are 5 inches or more.
DigiTimes said that the sources from Nokia revealed that it will be absent from the 5-inch smartphone category in 2013. The reason behind the company's decision is still not clear. Windows Phone 8 resolution lacking full HD support could be a possible reason. It is also seen that no other manufacturer have tried to enter the 5-inch category of smartphones with Windows Phone 8 operating systems.
The Lumia series of smartphones was introduced by Nokia in 2011. All the Lumia series smartphones run on Windows Phone 8 operating systems. The Lumia series of phones come in a variety of colors and specifications, targeting mid-range and low-range pricing points.
The new releases Nokia Lumia820 and Lumia920 run on Windows Phone8 and are enabled with 4G. These new designs of Nokia also have a number of additional accessories for an extra cost. This includes wireless charging components and wireless headsets. Although Nokia is pulling out from the 5-inch smartphone category, the company will probably come out with new models to entice its users very soon.