TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Jammu & Kashmir: IED Blast Leaves An Army Officer Dead In Rajouri
- Saina And Saurabh Emerge Champions In The National Badminton
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Is The Most Powerful Android Smartphone In The World
- CBDT Notifies Deadline For Mandatory Aadhaar Linking To File Tax Returns
- Tesla Sentry Mode — The Guardian Angel Of Your Tesla
- Jageshwar — The Himalayan Town With 100 Ancient Temples
- Anushka Sharma Opens Up About Catfights In Bollywood
- Ever Faced Emotional Abuse As A Child?
This year's Mobile World Congress (MWC) event may have already come and gone, but the impact it made on all of us with the announcements at the event are not to be forgotten that easily. And one such impact was made by Nokia with its newly released range of devices running a mash up of Symbian, Windows Phone and Android - dubbed Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL.
And while the excitement surrounding the devices has been massive, all the three still don't have access to Google apps on them, but instead uses the Microsoft made apps. However, there's some good news as far as running Android apps on the devices are concerned.
Before the eventual release of the Nokia X (listed currently as "Coming Soon"), someone has actually managed to root the device which now allows it to access the Google Play store as well as other Google services, and run apps for the same. And with the new root, the device now has the ability to run popular Android apps such as Gmail, Google Maps, YouTube, and Google+.
As expected, the root has been brought to the front by the guys at XDA, with member Kashamalaga (who was present at the MWC 2014) bringing the device the home ans working on it. He says that the procedure is so easy that it's almost unrealistic.
How To Root Nokia X
Find the steps below on how you can root your Nokia X to run Google Apps:
-You need a rooted device. Use Gandalf Exploit included in Framaroot app.
-We need a Root explorer app, use whatever you want.
-Extract and copy all and copy all apks from "NokiaX_Gapps_KashaMalaga_28.02.2014.zip" to /system/app and change permisions for this files.
-Extract and install as normal user every single needed apk in "NokiaX_SomeGoogleApps.zip"