- 38 min ago How To Enable/Disable New Hardware Acceleration Feature On Chrome?
- 2 hrs ago Redmi K20 Pro Vs OnePlus 6T: Which Is The Best Smartphone Under Rs. 30,000 In India?
- 3 hrs ago OnePlus 7 Vs OnePlus 7 Pro – Which One Should You Buy?
- 12 hrs ago Airtel Upgrades 4G Network In J&K: Here Are The Details
- Movies #HappyFathersDay: Varun Dhawan, Sara Ali Khan, Karan Johar & Others Post Adorable Messages
- News Agitating doctors open for talks with WB CM Mamata, but will decide venue later
- Sports Karthik likely for India in shortened game; Shadab, Haris may come in for Pakistan
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Obi Mobiles Launches Octopus and Wolverine Smartphones in India
John Sculley's latest venture in India in the form of Obi Mobiles has not been so much of a 'bang' as the company's phones are soaring not higher than a sub Rs. 15,000 price range. However, the company has today announced two of its latest devices in the Indian market called Octopus S520 and Wolverine S501.
Both these devices are again as said earlier not as competent as the flagship devices from top tier brands like LG, Samsung or others. But they do come with a reasonable specs and effective pricing. The Octopus S520 is available initially for purchase via Snapdeal at Rs 11,990. The Obi Wolverine S501 is priced at Rs 7,850.
Moreover, the latest devices from Obi Mobiles are quite stylish as well. Also it should be noted that the company has already started operating over 95 service centers for after sales services for its customers.
Obi Octopus S520: Key Specifications
The latest Obi Octopus S520 comes with a 5-Inch HD (720p) resolution touchscreen display and it is powered by a 1.7 GHz octa core processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. It runs on Android Kitkat version and houses an internal storage capacity of 8GB which is further expandable up to 32GB via MicroSD card. Photography aspect should be decent as the phone uses 8 MP rear camera and a 2 MP front facing snapper as well. Although the company has not mentioned about the 3G, it should feature 3G connectivity and others including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB and a dual SIM suppport. The smartphone which measures 145 x 75 x 8.4 mm comes powered by a 1800 mAh.
Obi Wolverine S501: Key Specifications
This one also comes with a same display size i.e. 5-inch and has a FWVGA resolution. It is powered by a Dual core 1.2 GHz processor coupled with a same 1GB of RAM. Similarly, it runs on Android Kitkat OS and houses 4GB of internal storage capacity which can be further expanded up to 32GB via microSD card. Users will also find a 5 MP rear camera along with a front facing 0.3 MP camera module in the Obi Wolverine S501. There are 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB and other connectivity options in the phone and comes with a battery pack of 1500 mAh.
Taking the style and pricing of the two devices aside, the specs of the handsets are not too impressive however, an octa core CPU in a 5-inch HD phone at Rs. 12,000 price range is not too bad either. What could be the downside of the handset is the low capacity battery and a challenging camera options.