- 3 hrs ago Asus ZenBook Pro Duo 15 OLED Now Available In India: Price Starts At Rs. 2,39,990
- 4 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy F22 Gets Bluetooth SIG Certification; Confirmed To Be Rebaged Galaxy A22
- 5 hrs ago BSNL 4G Data Vouchers Are Better Than Reliance Jio's Packs: Know How
- 6 hrs ago Realme Narzo 30 4G Design, Battery Details Revealed; 30W Dart Charging Tipped
- Sports Federer loses in second round at Halle for first time as 19-year-younger Auger-Aliassime claims stunning win
- News Finance Minister calls for written representations on glitches with new Income Tax portal
- Finance PFRDA Allows NACH Mandate For NPS Transactions
- Movies Netrikann Release Date Is Here; The Nayanthara Starrer Is Already A Blockbuster!
- Automobiles Toyota Spare Parts Home Delivery Initiative Announced: Genuine Spares & Consumables Can Be Availed
- Lifestyle Celebrating Pride: Monica Dogra From ALTBalaji's The Married Woman Gives Styling Tips To Ace This Month!
- Travel Madhya Pradesh Tourism Collaborates With The Vidya Balan-Starrer Amazon Original Film ‘Sherni’
- Education Study Abroad 2021: Check Out The Countries Reopening For International Students
Oppo Releases Android KitKat Based ColorOS v2.0 Update For Find 7, Find 7a
Although late, but Oppo has finally announced the release of Android KitKat based ColorOS v2.0 update for its top class smartphones - the Find 7a and Find 7. Sadly, if you think this is going to be an OTA update, than you would be wrong.
If you have one of these devices, you will first have to download the update package and move it to the root directory of the phone, then update while in recovery mode. Despite being a stable update, the latest release of Color OS 2.0 is not ready to mass market use right now, thus the company has not released it over-the-air but it needs to be downloaded manually from here.
Talking about the changes, the ColorOS v2.0 brings a range of visual enhancement and revamped UI. Live Weather 2.0 is added to the update which brings new "Haze" effect and a redesigned task Manager. You can check out the full change log below:
Refined UI Design: The ColorOS 2.0 has inherited the UI design of ColorOS 1.0, by removing redundant elements from the 1.x icons the new design are more minimalistic and easier to recognize.
Global Gaussian Blur Effect: System wide Gaussian blur effect makes the whole system looks more beautiful and consistent in different interfaces, such as the notification center, folders, music now playing interface etc.
System Wide Animation: The ColorOS 2.0 is more energetic, with system wide transition animation the whole system comes alive, each operation seems so natural and fluid.
Live Weather 2.0: Added a new weather effect "Haze", given sound effects for some effects and you may found more surprises when using the live weather 2.0.
Global Gesture Panel 2.0: The new gesture panel is now activated by slide up from the bottom of the screen. Each gesture you've used can be recorded and shown on top as a reminder.
Redesigned Task Manager: The new task manager design shows every task running in background as a card you can simply slide it up to close it or slide it down to lock it or tap the end all button to close them all (locked apps will not be closed).
Easy Crop for Screenshots: After you've taken a screenshot you can pull down the notification center to crop, share or delete it.
Single Layer Launcher: The changing from dual layer to single layer launcher is not simple a win/lose situation, both design has it's own advantage and disadvantage. ColorOS decided to go with single layer design is just another step towards the purse of simplicity and perfection.
Super Power Saving: By reducing animation, underclocking the CPU or shutdown all applications except for calls and messages your phone can be under deep power saving mode so as increase the battery life as much as possible.
Memory Cleaner: Added "Memory Cleaner" in security center, which enables you to control and release memory more easily.
Other Detailed Improvements
- Redesigned the guide interface, now it's able to auto select the language according to your SIM card
- Changed the default lockscreen to "Slide upward to unlock", added Call & Messages shortcut in the default lockscreen
- Added the double tap to blurry the wallpaper in Settings ->Gesture & Motion -> Screen-on Gestures
- Added the feature to show network speed in status bar, Settings -> Display -> Show network speed
- Added resolution settings for ultra-HD photos, you can now choose between 50MP and 24MP
- Added continuous play settings in video player, when you disabled it the player will not continue to play the next video in your phone
- Added USB debug options in notification center, when your phone is connected with your computer
- Added the ability to manually adjust the screen brightness when auto-brightness is enabled
- Added file safe in the "Files" app, files added into file safe will not be shown publicly
- Added the ability to sort contact list by Given name/Family name
- Added a quick to top button in Files, Email and Message list interface
- Optimized the cleanup feature in "Files", added the function to delete large files and duplicated app installation package.
- Redesigned the calendar interface, which is now more elegant
- Removed the "Notes" app and replaced it with Google keep as the default note app
- Optimized the "Backup & restore" app improve the back/restore speed and added the ability to backup homescreen layout, so that your apps & folders will all be backed up
- Integrated all security related tools into "Security Center", such as App Encryption, Data Saving etc.
- Updated the pre-installed Kingsoft Office app
The update is now available for download and only Find 7 and Find 7a users can download it.