TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP-Cong Spar Over EVMs Again: This Time There Is An International Conspiracy To It
- ICC Awards 2018 Winners' List: Virat Kohli Sweeps Awards; Makes History
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Reliance Jio To Foray Into E-Commerce Business In India
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider For 2019
- Kangana on #MeToo: I Was Pinched On My B*tt In The Middle Of A Group
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Health Benefits Of L-arginine
According to a design patent registered with Koran authorities in October, Samsung might be working on a Google Glass competitor. The news comes from a report by WSJ, according to which the device has been categorized as a type of "sports glasses."
"This design is of a type [of glasses] with earphones integrated, allowing [users] to take phone calls and listen to music during workouts," said a memo attached to several drawings of the device.
The patent filling included basic details along with a few sketches. Samsung's eyewear device appears very similar to Google Glass owing to its functionality, which includes the ability to sync with smartphones.
It has been designed to behave like a companion device that displays alerts for information running on the phone. Apart form that, it will also provide easy access to the phone's controls when the user's hands are engaged with other activities like sports.
Apart from serving as a second screen, there is also a mention that the device will house a camera lens for imaging, another feature that is touted by Google Glass.
Given its feature set, the device is bound to be looked upon as a Google Glass clone. However, the key difference with Samsung's device is that it seems to be centered around sporting activity. This is a contrast to Google's device, which is a lifestyle product.
A spokesperson from the company declined to offer any information on the matter, saying that the company will not comment on future products. Given that it has recently launched its Galaxy Gear smartwatch, it does not come as a surprise that Samsung is testing out other wearable technology.