TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Assembly Election Results 2018 — Catch All The LIVE Updates Here
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Markets Live: Sensex Down As Election Leads Trickle In
- Nokia 8.1 Launched In India For Rs. 26,999
- Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 — Full Accessories List
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK & Aamir Steal The Show!
- December New Moon Lucky For These Signs
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
After seeing burgeoning success in India after its re-entry into the crowded smartphone market early this year, Philips has introduced its latest mid-range handset, the S388, in the country.
The new Philips S388 will be made for purchase at Rs. 13,694 via online as well as offline retail outlets. The mid-range smartphone packs a 4.5-inch qHD display and is powered by a quad-core MediaTek MT6582M processor.
Spec-wise, the Philips S388 sports a modest 4.5-inch IPS LCD touchscreen display having a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels resolution. It is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582M processor, paired with 1GB of RAM, and 4GB of internal memory, which can be further expanded up to 32GB via microSD card slot.
In the imaging department, there's a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera, with autofocus and a single LED Flash. Also, add a VGA quality front-facing shooter.
Connectivity wide, the phone offers 3G, dual-SIM , Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS with A-GPS connectivity options and FM Radio. The makers have added a 1700mAh battery fitted inside. On the downside, the handset runs on the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
Philips's new S388 seems to be an underwhelming handset, in respect of price and specs on board. There are a couple of fascinating phones you can consider under Rs. 15,000 price slab. The Moto G, for instance, appears to be a great option. Not only it is priced less, but the device offers better features and specs.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!